Lt. Commander
# 11
10-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
You can always sell em to Orion slavers.
That sounds like a good alternative to the Diplomatic side game on the Fed side. Would be a nice fit for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Given the nature of the worls in which we live you are never going to see that happen. The only interraction with slavers you are ever going to get is shooting them and liberating them. I guess that is a fine moral code. You are never going to see a game that permits you to profit from slaving. Wierdly, killing is generally extremely lucrative in games, of course. Funny ethical code we have in our modern progressive society.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
Given the nature of the worls in which we live you are never going to see that happen. The only interraction with slavers you are ever going to get is shooting them and liberating them. I guess that is a fine moral code. You are never going to see a game that permits you to profit from slaving. Wierdly, killing is generally extremely lucrative in games, of course. Funny ethical code we have in our modern progressive society.
This is true, it follows the code that even through you slaughter a whole village you will never see a child amongst the dead.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Pfshh, it worked in Fallout 2 and Mount & Blade.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Pfshh, it worked in Fallout 2 and Mount & Blade.
Which made the games gritty and feel realistic as well as more than a bit dirty. They did not try to pander to the parents of little children who pay their subscriptions though. As much as I would like to say STO is a grown-ups game, I don't think Atari are prepared to sully their good name (lol) by taking such a path.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
Ah a use for the Rura Penthe system. Maybe there could be a Fed rescue mission too.
Hmm, Rura Penthe...now that has some utility to it. Periodic break outs and subsequent containment, blockade and intercept objectives would be useful.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Nice idea, however in looking at how we are currently being treated with no updates, no common courtesy to answer our questions in a timely fashion, why should we entertain such ideas that they would do something that cool for us when it's obvious it takes forever to get 3 or 4 ships added to our side....?
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
I love the idea about the Orion slaver daily, i have an idea that would help boost pvp membership.
every time you win a pvp match the person you killed the most gets copied and you can add him/her to a space in your brig like a trophy, or you could put copies of your friends in there,

have them fight to the death for your entertainment or for betting purposes, give them a leveling system of their own, teach them attacks like your bridge officers, put them up against other players slaves for money or entertainment, etc.

the opportunities are endless.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Try AGE of Conan, you can have a slave, sex, human sacrifice, armor clearly made from human bones and its free to play
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
It would seem rather pointless if we just had an ever growing Brig on our ship with no other purpose as to motivate us for the short period the novelty would last.

Now, if we could turn these "enemies of the State" over to Qo'noS in turn for some benefit, then there would be some actual value to the system. But of course, there needs to be some work and risk for pursuing this course...it should require extra effort, increased risk to ship, crew and resources to take the time to capture a combatant or "wanted" entity over just popping thier ship or killing them out right.
I must agree, however this could also be a passive type system, similar to the doff, or even a KDF specific portion of the doff system. Duty officer running high value prisoners to rura penthe or Qo'nos as an addition to the "capture target" mission that the player runs.