Lt. Commander
# 61
09-04-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
So getting back on topic.....if anything it will make the off hours pvp much more happening when all the chinese and koreans start flooding the queues during what would be the middle of the night US time. Not that that's a bad thing. I hope they like space pvp as much as we all do, and call out the random BS developed by cryptic as much as we do too!
Hmmm... Does this mean that the list of gold farmers (who we mercilessly hunt in Ker'rat, N'Vak, Otha, and Qay'ghun)... Just became a 'Who's Who' list of the best Asian players in the game?!

Lt. Commander
# 62
09-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
So getting back on topic.....if anything it will make the off hours pvp much more happening when all the chinese and koreans start flooding the queues during what would be the middle of the night US time. Not that that's a bad thing. I hope they like space pvp as much as we all do, and call out the random BS developed by cryptic as much as we do too!
Considering that I work graveyard hours and keep those hours on my days off, this could be a good thing. Stinks having to give up three to four hours of sleep just to get some quality pew pew in.
Lt. Commander
# 63
09-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Well with P2W being the concept sold to us, I think PVP might continue to be rare at the low levels for the legitimate gripe of "its not balanced," or in other words, "OMFG U HAX0R N00B, U R UNFAIR IN UR RODE ILAND."

It's something of a self feeding cycle. When people know the PVP can be unbalanced, they won't try it until they get to a point where they think they are on an even keel. It's too bad, because PVPing as you level is a great way to learn how stuff works. But with P2W in the mix, it is likely going to be very discouraging to any newcomers to want to try and go up against a ship that is more powerful than them.
Lt. Commander
# 64
09-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
Does it really make sense to speculate about something, we dont have any information about? Who cares?
I bet participating in PVP will be free. Maybe there will be some maps to buy but shouldnt be very expensive i guess. So many people can play the game for free. I guess, it will be like: I buy one ship from time to time and can have fun in this F2P game.
It might make more sense for PVPer to play the game without subscription... depending on the prices....
spot on. - wait til we get real facts.
Lt. Commander
See: http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p

Biggies:

1) Feature Matrix: Premium Ships are "purchasable" by Subscribers and F2P.
2) The FAQ says that all ships can be purchased via Dilithium though, but then it would be a character and not an account unlock. If this applies even to x.5 ships, things might work out okay.
3) Klingons will now unlock only at Level 25!
This also means that Tier 1 to Tier 2 FvK Queues will be removed, and that new Klingons will be Level 25 characters (and characters ata lower level will be leveled up apparently?) At least until a time where the KDF is a more complete experience. (This might explain some relevelling of PvE content as well.)
Lt. Commander
# 66
09-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Wow, that's just nuts. I gotta go read this.
Lt. Commander
# 67
09-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah Klings lvl25... will help FvK a lot... because ahm... ok it probably won't help at all.

I have no idea who had the glorious idea for this but I really hope they reconsider and don't do it. Sure they say there is a big plan for KdF and it will improve them a lot but cutting out half of the levels, releveling the current content and then saying now KdF is at par with Fed won't be enough. We will see how it works out.

But maybe it is a devilish plan. New Klingons will lack the experience of lowlvl PvP those weaken them for later levels.

Everything else doesn't sound that bad. A lot depends on the premium ships and the changes to Dilithium (dear Cryptic please choose a different name).
Lt. Commander
# 68
09-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
See: http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p

Biggies:

1) Feature Matrix: Premium Ships are "purchasable" by Subscribers and F2P.
2) The FAQ says that all ships can be purchased via Dilithium though, but then it would be a character and not an account unlock. If this applies even to x.5 ships, things might work out okay.
This also means that Tier 1 to Tier 2 FvK Queues will be removed, and that new Klingons will be Level 25 characters (and characters ata lower level will be leveled up apparently?) At least until a time where the KDF is a more complete experience. (This might explain some relevelling of PvE content as well.)
The whole "Klingons at 25" thing is such a load of bullcrap.

"Oh hey, so we've been neglecting this entire faction, that we heavily promoted before launch, in favor of getting things like matching combadges and Starfleet Academy. So instead of actually, you know, developing content, we're going to simply hide them and mask their obvious shortcomings for a while. Thanks!"
Lt. Commander
# 69
09-08-2011, 04:00 AM
I want to say that I stand against the whole KDF at level 25 as it further stifles the fresh blood the KDF so desperately needs.

I am heartened that verbiage has changed from "never on par with the Feds" to "on par with the Feds." I just hope this does not turn out like the new Gorn, taking forever and nearly a year to deliver and only delivering the bare minimum at that.

*pulls out flame retardant suit and stuffs tongue in cheek*

Still I sense a silver lining...

At least the KDF will be able to level with the FEs, for the most part, again.