Lt. Commander
I have to get an Excelsior Refit, however I do not have any Marks of Exploration. It says I need 500 to get the Excelsior Refit. So my question is: Can I use the badges from the Borg RED ALERTS towards getting my Excelsior Refit? Or, do I need to go to Gamma and see the Ferengi contact daily mission to receive 5 marks.? "IF" I had to go through the process of doing the Ferengi's mission in Gamma, it would take me at least 100 TIMES before i got 500 Marks of Exploration.

Is there a way to speed this process up other than do a mission that grants a measly 5 Marks, or can i just save up the Exploration Badges from Borg Red Alerts? Are they even the same thing? I am so confused, as this is poorly/ not covered anywhere in the game.

Any advice, help, suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-08-2011, 06:15 AM
If the reward from the borg event for you is a mark of exploration then you will be able to spend them on your excelsior. Once you reach max level you can do a lot of daily missions that award EMBLEMS. At battlegroup omega there is a ship that allows you to exchange emblems for Marks of Exploration. This would greatly improve your grinding speed.

However I suggest just buying the ship in the C store. Its the best ship available in my opinion and it will feel worth it I assure you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Or wait until the end of the month when the currency changes go live. You'll be getting dilithium in exchange for any marks of exploration you've earned while leveling up (and haven't spent), which would help towards buying the T5.

Or the C-Store. C-Store purchase will unlock the Excelsior for all your characters, not just the one you're planning on using with now. That way if you decide to create another cruiser driver in the future you have it as an option right off instead of having to grind out another X amount of dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
Or wait until the end of the month when the currency changes go live. You'll be getting dilithium in exchange for any marks of exploration you've earned while leveling up (and haven't spent), which would help towards buying the T5.

Or the C-Store. C-Store purchase will unlock the Excelsior for all your characters, not just the one you're planning on using with now. That way if you decide to create another cruiser driver in the future you have it as an option right off instead of having to grind out another X amount of dilithium.
This is a crucial distinction. If you get the Excel with badges you will only be able to use it with the character you bought it for. Get if from the C-Store so you can use it with your alts.