Lt. Commander
# 11
09-07-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm fairly certain Dr. Crusher was referred to as 'sir' when commanding her vessel in All Good Things. But that was an alternate universe so probably didn't matter.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Well got a recent one that I've actually seen alot that strikes me as odd.

Warnings!
Apparently some people want to be told that the fight will have a few surprises. I've seen this a few times now on my mission and a few others. Don't get me wrong if some dude picked a fight with me and stabbed me I would've liked a "Heads up!! He's got a knife!! Run!!". However this is a video game. I like to be surprised and figure out how to beat the crap out of that stupid boss.

I don't know am I alone on this one? Do you guys like straight forward fights or something with a twist?
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-07-2011, 09:51 AM
what about reviews that have nothing to do with your mission in general? i ha done a while back ago "the space battle was epic and it was difficult with my heal cruiser" and i'm like thinking to myself "there is no space part. Its ground only"
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
However, one thing does come to mind: I had the Sci officer in a mention call the player by his last name, lotta folks brought that one up, and one even then mentioned "no one ever called Kirk by his name."

Except, that's exactly where I got the idea: McCoy and Spock always called Kirk "Jim", figured I'd make the likely medical/science officer in my mission a little informal as a call-back to them. Oh well, guess I won't do that again. :p
Well reason McCoy and Spock calls Kirk "Jim" is cause they're buddies. Crusher was joined at the hip with " Jean-Luc" and after everything Chakotay and Janeway have been thru I think he's earned the right to call her Kathryn. So if you have an officer calling your toon by name I just think its a way of making them more real. I mean you bring those toons on away missions. they've rezzed you and you've rezzed them countless times. Why wouldn't that foster some familiarity?

Now that being said Last names are a bit odd to call someone if they're your friend. I know people do it but I still find that odd since its a bit more formal than persoonal. Something teachers or your boss would do.