Lt. Commander
# 21
09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
we all do.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-08-2011, 01:15 PM
I understand that some people are disappointed about that...
Nothing on the web page, nothing in game. At least a post on the web page should it be. Hey, it's the 45th anniversary of Star Trek!
I had the hope for an event today...

Sadly nothing so far.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schattenduelant View Post
i hope and hope

Hope dies last
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
from the forward to "The New Voyages"
Quote:

There was a kind of magic on the set in those days. The Enterprise, its crew, and its universe became very real to us; it became our own affirmation that the human adventure is far from over and, in fact, may be only in its beginnings.

Certainly the loveliest happening of all for us was the fact that so many others began to feel the same way. Television viewers by the millions began to take Star Trek to heart as their own personal optimistic view of the human condition and future. They fought for the show, honored it, cherished it, wrote about it-and have continued to do their level best to make certain that it will live again.

It will.

You know, it was our old joke that, contrary to the opinion of various network executives, we thought that there must be an intelligent life form out there beyond the television tube. But we never expected anything like the outpouring of comments, interest, and affection that occurred.

We were particularly amazed when thousands, then tens of thousands of people began creating their own personal Star Trek adventures. Stories, and paintings, and sculptures, and cookbooks. And songs, and poems, and fashions. And more. The list is still growing. It took some time for us to fully understand and appreciate what these people were saying. Eventually we realized that there is no more profound way in which people could express what Star Trek has meant to them than by creating their own very personal Star Trek things.

Because I am a writer, it was their Star Trek stories that especially gratified me. I have seen these writings in dog-eared notebooks of fans who didn't look old enough to spell "cat." I have seen them in meticulously produced fanzines, complete with excellent artwork. Some of it has even been done by professional writers, and much of it has come from those clearly on their way to becoming professional writers. Best of all, all of it was plainly done with love.

It is now a source of great joy for me to see their view of Star Trek, their new Star Trek stories, reaching professional publication here. I want to thank these writers, congratulate them on their efforts, and wish them good fortune on these and further of their voyages into other times and dimensions. Good writing is always a very personal thing and comes from the writer's deepest self. Star Trek was that kind of writing for me, and it moves me profoundly that it has also become so much a part of the inner self of so many other people.

Viewers like this have proved that there is a warm, loving, and intelligent life form out there - and that it may even be the dominant species on this planet.

That is the highest compliment and the greatest repayment that they could give us

GENE RODDENBERRY
and if you haven't seen these amazing "new" TOS episodes yet... you're in for one amazing treat!

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rtrekcast.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...9621229e2.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...60138c912.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tstartrek.jpg/
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Roadrash
well Cryptic has gone red alert with the perfect world purchase and low employee count and season 4 bug fixing.

They wanted to make a celebration but they just dont have the man power yet
We'll get it on Tuesday.:p
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Happy 45!!!!! May there be many more.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-08-2011, 06:47 PM
there's something going on for this? I just made a post saying that I was disappointed that I haven't seen anything in game about it. What/where.........details?
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ul-quadro View Post
I understand that some people are disappointed about that...
Nothing on the web page, nothing in game. At least a post on the web page should it be. Hey, it's the 45th anniversary of Star Trek!
I had the hope for an event today...

Sadly nothing so far.
Updates to the web page are probably still under Atari staff like the support ticket system?