Lt. Commander
Hey devs, please clarify because I don't want to mislead authors. Does anyone at Cryptic currently have the following in their job description?

Adding assets to STO's foundry, such as stuff that the STO team has made for featured episodes.
Adding requested assets to the foundry, based on player feedback.
Adding increased functionality to the foundry, based on STO authors' feedback, and not simply what is improved for Neverwinter.
Adding existing Cryptic sets, such as ship interiors, which have been a resource for the STO team for over a year.
Revamping animations so that they are useful to authors.

Basically, what I'm asking is simple:

Is anyone on the Foundry team responsible for working solely on STO's Foundry, beyond the requirements of bug fixes, programming issues, or problem solving?

Is there anyone who is solely working on the toolset for this game? Does such a person visit these forums?

Please understand. I'm not being disrespectful here. If no one has these jobs, then we will know what to expect and not expect.

If, however, there is at least one person at your company who has some of these things in their job description, we will know who to lobby, persuade, and adore. As it stands, I have no idea who may be on our side.

Is it jfinder? Mapolis? Anyone willing to communicate with us besides Zero?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-03-2011, 10:30 PM
What you describe is called content designer, programmer and Q&A tester.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2011, 11:05 PM
I believe what he is asking is: Is there someone at Cryptic where the STO version of the Foundry falls within their purview for the items stated
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-04-2011, 06:50 AM
In other words, who do we need to get in contact with so that we can make Foundry related requests. Whether they are for intervention (ie restoring an accidently deleted mission) or feature, asset, map, animation and costume requests?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-09-2011, 05:51 AM
The game launched in Feb 2010, it is now September of 2011 and the Foundry is still Beta 0.5 ... so I think the answer is that there is probably something like one unpaid intern working from his/her laptop in the Cryptic office's boiler room between college semesters.