Lt. Commander
Could we please get a timer added to the Red Alert red bar in sector space that counts down from 7 minutes, starting when it spawns.

It is easy enough for anyone to time them and tell they only stay there for 7 minutes. I timed 15 separate occasions of the Red Alert bar and each one went away exactly 7 minutes (420 seconds) from it's appearance.

If they were omitted for "Role-playing"/"Lore" reasons, then I have to disagree with the omission on either account. My reasoning, it could easily be chalked up to "The Borg Have begun blanketing the region with (something technical) which will begin interferring with Warp Engines in 7 minutes!"

It is a sheer annoyance to be told an RA is on somewhere and when you get there, it is gone. Having a timer would at least help as well as quell much of the "False Alarm," "Quit Lieing," and "OMG it's bugged!" reports that I keep hearing others say to each other.

Thank you for your time.

(Side note: We need a clear and official explanation as to why we are able to enter finished/failed Red Alerts, even if it is just "it is a bug that we are looking into" - I know I seen a Dev in chat looking into it, but some sort of response on the forums would be a good idea, in my opinion.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Does anyone else find that this would be beneficial and useful? Don't be shy! Only Zorn bites!