Lt. Commander
# 1 Short question on R&D
09-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi,
since I have toons on both sides I wonder if there are any benefits to skill R&D with both factions. Are there any special items later? Or is it enough if I train my Gorn and send alle the stuff I find over to him? Would make life much easier this way. The only difference I could find is the Delta Flyer but this one is not really necessary but I'm doing the delta daily on one of my feds currently since the required skill is easy reach. Would be great if someone could bring some light into this for me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Well... At current, the only benefit to leveling RnD on both sides, is that you will be able to reshearch both Phasers and Disruptors.

If you choose to belive Cryptic, there will be faction and career specific elements on the RnD tree down the road however.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well... At current, the only benefit to leveling RnD on both sides, is that you will be able to reshearch both Phasers and Disruptors.

If you choose to belive Cryptic, there will be faction and career specific elements on the RnD tree down the road however.
"What faction specific equipment? I stole this Aegis Gear, fair and square." - LT General Koth
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
"What faction specific equipment? I stole this Aegis Gear, fair and square." - LT General Koth
I am not sure... they just mentioned it at some point several hundreds of months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I am not sure... they just mentioned it at some point several hundreds of months ago.
You may be referring to the 3 new Gear sets from the new STFs. 2 of the sets are faction specific and one is neutral.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
You may be referring to the 3 new Gear sets from the new STFs. 2 of the sets are faction specific and one is neutral.
No... not at all... because thoose don't include reshearch.

Also: thoose have been mentioned recently too...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-11-2011, 12:25 AM
I've maxed out both sides.

I think there is the perk if you want a reliable source of high quality bat'leths or litpas for cross faction use. The grab bag in Coliseum is unreliable (but does include swords,which I love). However, no melee weapon compares with the shard sword of Kahless.

There's also the NPC KDF side who seems setup for more melee weapons at some point.

I'd say there's more reason to level KDF side as it gets you high quality Bat'leths (which are not great for BOs and useless for a KDF main but great for a Fed alt) and because it's the only source of Har'peng torpedos KDF side. Unless you want Lirpas, that offers anything your Fed main could want.