Lt. Commander
Not sure if this is the correct spot for my topic but just thought I would share an idea that has probably been conveyed already. I will say that this is an amazing game and I'm very happy with it, at least the Federations side anyway. One thing I would like to see in future patches/expansions etc is more Factions, Races and race specific ships.

Race Ships:
Currently The Federation only has 1 "non Starfleet ship" The Vulcan D'Kyr ship and I for one would love to see more of this. Klingon side to my knowledge has 4 "race ships". Kar'fi Battle Carrier, Gorn Varanas Fleet Support Vessel, Orion Patrol Cruiser and Nausiccan Guramba Siege Destroyer. While I don't expect to see a ship for each race it would be nice to see more from the "core" Federation races. Betazoid, Andorian, Benzite, Bolian, Trill and Bajoran ships would be cool. Maybe add a Lethean ship to the Klingon side.

Races:
Also more races would be nice. I realize that with the "Alien" feature you can create any multitude of races but it just isn't the same as an established race. Or maybe a more simple fix would be to alter the classification of "Alien" and let the player type out what he would like his character to be classified as. That way people wishing to play Ullians, Ocompans and other Federation races can do so without remaining a "mystery race".

Factions:
So from what I read on the rumor mill, It seems like Romulans and Cardassians are up next on the faction introduction. The only other faction I would love to see added in all honesty would be the Dominion. Playing an Undine would be amazing but they like the Borg don't seem like a likely playable faction.

Anyway just my 2cents :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-10-2011, 08:41 PM
They are, supposedly at least, still working on an Andorian ship. So there's that to look forward to.

And I would probably not call the Kar'Fi a race ship. I mean, maybe. But I'd say no personally. It's created by the KDF, after all. It's just reverse engineered. According to the story/lore about the ship.

Sorry to nitpick your post. Other than those two little nit picks, you certainly raise some interesting points. Definitely worth discussing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Vote Undine!
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Vote Undine!
Now that's the P_Sutherland I know!

Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Not to worry, some where maybe a few years from now, some huge game company will build an MMO
that converges Star Trek with Star Wars. There you'll have ALL the ships and aliens you could ask for!

(They brought "FREDDY" into Mortal Kombat, who would have ever thought.)