Lt. Commander
# 1 Lost my 30 free days
09-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Firstly, I have already submitted a ticket about this issue to the support team, however I was wondering if anyone else who went through a similar process could help.

Basically, I purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition for Star Trek Online from Steam for $15.00 and signed up to the Star Trek website to activate my key. The registration process require me to enter my credit card details to activate my 30 free days. After doing so, I removed my card information to prevent myself from being billed after my 30 free days was used (intending to decide whether to become and active subscriber after that date or not).

However, in doing so, I seemed to have lost my 30 free days. Additionally, when I re-added my card, it did not return my 30 free days but required that I re-subscribe entirely.

In short; how can I get my 30 free days back?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-11-2011, 05:30 AM
the only one that can help is billing support.
the validation of the credit information is done in batches so if you remove the infdoration before they do the validate run because it is missing it may not credit the activation.

also the system is set up to deactivate the game on removal of credit cards. this was done because many complained that their subscription was not cancelled and auto renew when the remove the information (the card inforation was alrready assigned to the renewing order invoice)
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-11-2011, 06:57 AM
I would think that by Removing Your card Info, you unintentionally De-Activated the Account??

You really do not have to do that anyway, simply Cancel the Account just Before the end of the 30 day free trial time.

I think you need the card or other Pay Info to make the Free Play Clock run.....
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I would think that by Removing Your card Info, you unintentionally De-Activated the Account??

You really do not have to do that anyway, simply Cancel the Account just Before the end of the 30 day free trial time.

I think you need the card or other Pay Info to make the Free Play Clock run.....
Like I said, I re-added it.

Anyway, thanks. I'll wait until I hear from billing support.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Vandelay1 View Post
Like I said, I re-added it.

Anyway, thanks. I'll wait until I hear from billing support.
I understand what you did, I think what happened was that you canceled the 30 day time with the removal of the Card Info, and then it would not Re-Instate it for the same Key Number you already used. (Can't use the same Key two times, even with same Card Info.)