Lt. Commander
We have the shuttle interior for the Runabout, how about the Class F, class 9 or the delta flyer? You've given us the original Enterprise Bridge, how about the Nx-01's? Also We have missions that Mention Admiral Janeway how about some Missions that send us to visit some of the friendly races she encountered?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-09-2011, 08:56 PM
The only reason we have the runabout interior is because it was used for a mission. I think they're planning to do more, but it's pretty close to the bottom of their to-do list.

And personally, I'm okay with that. There's a lot more I'd rather see before shuttle interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
The only reason we have the runabout interior is because it was used for a mission. I think they're planning to do more, but it's pretty close to the bottom of their to-do list.

And personally, I'm okay with that. There's a lot more I'd rather see before shuttle interiors.
Yeah, like changing the regular ship interiors. I know there's some engineering reason for the CAVERNOUS HALLWAYS and ARCHED CEILINGS, but can we not put them in my Defiant, please?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Ever watched your crew stat drop in combat? The interior is that big so you have space to stack the coffins.

I like the idea of more starship interiors - especially if/as they add functions to them. But shuttle interiors probably won't be getting those functions. As long as they exist primarily as a way to switch back to your ship I'm not too fussed about getting more.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I think the cathedral hallways are there to ensure the camera behaves in a sane and consistent manner. The small interior maps could do with the corridors being removed altogether and you'd just have to walk through one room to get to another, as you would on a submarine. Even on the TV show, that little splotch of corridor they show on the Defiant looks like an extravagance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munrock
I think the cathedral hallways are there to ensure the camera behaves in a sane and consistent manner. The small interior maps could do with the corridors being removed altogether and you'd just have to walk through one room to get to another, as you would on a submarine. Even on the TV show, that little splotch of corridor they show on the Defiant looks like an extravagance.

That was the original justification, but any camera issues seem to have been resolved. The TOS interior (and I assume the Defiant one coming with the next FE) is substantially smaller than the previous ones. It's not quite to scale, but it's the kind of upscaling you see in most any 3D game, especially a multiplayer one. Some foundry missions have made even more cramped spaces and aside from having doors too close together the camera handles them reasonably fine.