Lt. Commander
...They decided to buff it instead...

...So much for pre-clearing it before it scrambles you...

...it instantly takes effect now...

...what happened to nerfing the duration?...

...what happened to fixing the evasive bug?...

...what happened to allowing sci team to reliably self-clear?...

...this just gets worse all the time...
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-12-2011, 09:38 PM
*face meets desk, sobbing ensues*

They are trying to kill this game aren't they.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
*face meets desk, sobbing ensues*

They are trying to kill this game aren't they.
Trying ? lol

I used to laugh when people suggested there was a Cryptic conspiracy to slowly push the PvP community out of the game... so they could 100% cater to the RP dress buying crowd.

Now I am inclined to believe that is exactly the case.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Ugh... if anything Scramble should be removed and replaced with a new skill that reduces healing. Scramble just creates unfun and frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Does this news suck? Yes

Does it make it impossible to clear scramble? No.

Anyone who's been pvping knows what the scramble animation looks like. If you see the green blobs of doom heading towards your ship, angle your camera away from anyone else, zoom in as tight to your ship as you can (Suggest binding that to your mouse wheel if you haven't already) and hit science team. This reliably clears it 99% of the time for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating the change, I HATE scramble, but adapt. Everyone else will.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-12-2011, 11:23 PM
I think I've now read and re-read the upcoming 'changes' to Scramble (and torps, what in the galaxy?!)... Maybe PW wants to get rid of all the 'old' PvP Community, so they can start fresh after the F2P launch?... *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Maybe the change will disgust everyone and noone except lamers will use it ? It is absolutely horrible ability with fun factor on par with visiting my wife's mother.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2011, 12:00 AM
if you scrambled and want to heal yourself, hit F1, or what ever you have 'target self' binded too, and hit science team. there, no chance of healing anyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-13-2011, 12:23 AM
How about everyone that isn't a complete cheese ball just take it off your bar....

You would think perhaps once the community would come together and say this skill is BORKED use and be shun....

Or we can keep driving our dwindeling population down even further. I might say I don't care anymore, but for some dumb reason I'm still here and even paying.

Cryptic is dumb... plain and simple. We don't have to be.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
if you scrambled and want to heal yourself, hit F1, or what ever you have 'target self' binded too, and hit science team. there, no chance of healing anyone else.
If the skill actually worked that way, there would be far fewer complaints from the PvP Community, regarding Scramble Sensors; however, even self-targeting with F1 is far from fully reliable, especially from SS3 or high-skilled SS2.