Lt. Commander
# 121
08-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
UPN couldn't afford the budget....Smart thing would have been to sell ENT to another network....but I think they refused to even consider.
They could have just moved it to CBS, considering the same company who owned UPN also owned CBS at the time. It's entirely possible that 1) CBS wasn't interested in the series, 2) Paramount may have wanted to keep control of the Star Trek franchise (for all the good it did them), and 3) Paramount execs in charge may have had the mentality that "if we can't air this show, no one will!" Dunno myself.
Lt. Commander
# 122
08-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Sacrifice is indeed my all time favourite episode.

i do remember when it first came out the ending with the prophets seemed an easy way out and disappointed me, but when you watch the whole series it makes sense. they need sisko alive and could not afford for him to sacrifice himself which i think was a bigger factor than them protecting bajor.
"The Sisko desires to end the game"
Lt. Commander
# 123
09-02-2011, 08:18 PM
TOS: And the Children Shall Lead - should've been called Children of the Corn in Space
TNG: The Dauphin - boy meets girl, girl turns out to be creepy shapeshifter thing with creepier shapeshifter babysitter
DS9: Chimera - I usually liked J.G. Hertzler's characters, just not this one
VOY: Fury - never liked Kes that much. Scary vengeful Kes didn't win me over either.
ENT: Exile - Poorly written and badly acted socially inept telepathic alien versus Scantily clad Linda Park. It wasn't enough to outweigh the absolute horrible acting in this one.
Lt. Commander
# 124
09-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Worst:

TOS-Let That Be Your Last Battlefield-hit me with a stick and scream racism.

TNG-Conspiracy/Disaster

DS9-The Quickening/ Move Along Home-We get it Bashir is a genetic genius, stop cramming it down our throats, And Move Along Home was just pointless.

VGR-Tuvix-Just.....no. Should have never happened.

ENT-all lot of the show was painful to watch, the Bromance between Trip and Archer the loathing of Vulcans for what they did, or didn't do to help progress warp drive, share information,or how they out right hid things (P'Jem). The holographic Romulan ship controlled by a subsect of Andorian, hell most of the episodes were crap. To many to count.

Best:

TOS-Balance of Terror/Trouble With Tribbles

TNG-BOB/All Good Things.../Parallels

DS9-The Siege at AR-558/In the Pale Moonlight

VGR-Relativity

ENT-In a Mirror Darkly-Hoshi is HOOOTTTT
Lt. Commander
# 125
09-04-2011, 12:20 AM
<<Self edit: wrong thread>>
Lt. Commander
# 126
09-09-2011, 02:02 AM
TOS- What was the name of that episode with those hippies who hijack the enterprise in search of eden? That was crap.

TNG- any episode where it focused on Troi or Wesley

DS9- Hmm tough one.

Voyager- I hated Kes the most. Fury was an episode I despised, there was also Workforce 1 and 2, a good chunk of season 7 was garbage, and lets see what else some of the Torres emo episodes.

Enterprise- Most of the show was garbage Including that god awful finale These are the Voyages... *vomits*
Lt. Commander
# 127
09-09-2011, 03:13 PM
The whole temporal war BS story arc for Enterprise, and the finale. The only redeeming grace of Enterprise was Hoshi and the Andorian story arc... and mirror universe Hoshi and T'Pol. xD

There were a few horri-bad DS9 episodes, but I cant remember them.

TNG the whole series was pretty much a snore-fest for me. Picard was such a stuffed-shirt and his moral bleeting got bothersome. The movies however were much better. I loved Insurrection. The borg story arc for TNG was pretty good though.

TOS: The WHOLE SERIES WAS BAD! lol thats why I love it so much. xD I'm a child of the 80s, I cant help it, I was raised of horrifyingly terrible scifi.

Voyager: Alot of the filler episodes were ******. I admit to liking the finale season with its borg focus. My favourite episode involved that secret hivemind that the borg resistance fighters had somehow made. I thought that story arc about the crew of Voy getting their memory wiped and put into labour colonies was pretty stupid.

TAS: Jhen played this on his Storytime segement recently. That one episode where Mudd sells a love potion and Nurse Chapel I think sprays it on Spock. Spock then somehow manages to channels Kirks hilariously bad acting skills and produces the funniest Spock voice-overs ever. hehe
Lt. Commander
# 128
09-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemonkey02 View Post
VOY: Fury - never liked Kes that much. Scary vengeful Kes didn't win me over either.
Agreed...

Dark Willow like from Buffy was how they shoulda done it..