Lt. Commander
# 11
09-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Honestly, do they listen to a thing we say?
Anything? Yes. All of it? probably not.

We wanted Torpedo Spread buffed. It needed it. It got more than it needed. But it got a buff.
For Scramble... Well, i don't think any of us cared about the delay. The power itself is just wrong. But hey, all players constantly complain about bugs - if that delay was due to a bug, they got it fixed at least.

The Torpedo Cooldown... Well, I was often of the opinion that torps were underpowered overall, and the balance between them isn't good.

So sometimes, it feels we say this
"Scramble Sensors duration is too long, target hopping even applies to its counter, powers misfire that just shouldn't!"
and they hear:
"What was that? Scramble? All right, on it. Huh, what's wrong. Oh, yeah, duration or delay or something. Oh, yeah, look, this pause between the hit and the actual effect is wrong. Fixed it! Done!"
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Anything? Yes. All of it? probably not.

We wanted Torpedo Spread buffed. It needed it. It got more than it needed. But it got a buff.
Herein lies the miscommunication.

Player feedback: Torp Spread can use a buff!

Cryptic: Ok ok, we'll buff it!

Player feedback on test: Wait, it's too powerful now!

Cryptic: Would you like fries with that? Have a nice day, and don't forget to check out the C-store!
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Herein lies the miscommunication.

Player feedback: Torp Spread can use a buff!

Cryptic: Ok ok, we'll buff it!

Player feedback on test: Wait, it's too powerful now!

Cryptic: Would you like a Rhode Island with that? How about 2 respecs for $5 for desert? Have a nice day, and don't forget to check out the C-store!, new dresses every Tuesday.
Sorry I couldn't help but edit that one.

There buff to Torp spread would have been fine if they listened to feedback from tribble.... or course they get very little of that anymore as we all know that they don't really care what we have to say at that point. At the point of Tribble its already being compiled into the next patch.

Quite frankly they need to just take Tribble down... it is completely pointless. Putting things up 2 or 3 days before they go live is simply a waste of their resources.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
? what's changed with the KDF chain lightning thing?
From Tribble Patch notes

Decreased the damage of Isometric charge. Damage can now be increased with skill.

So both specials can be buffed with skills, but the baseline lightning thing got nerfed while the baseline antimatter spread got buffed. Granted I haven't bothered testing either out on tribble yet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
From Tribble Patch notes

Decreased the damage of Isometric charge. Damage can now be increased with skill.

So both specials can be buffed with skills, but the baseline lightning thing got nerfed while the baseline antimatter spread got buffed. Granted I haven't bothered testing either out on tribble yet.
Ah lovely. I always wanted to give fed cruisers a free scram 2 Yay!
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-14-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
From Tribble Patch notes

*facepalms*

It was powerful. (Tric grade if you did it right) But really?

Nerf it and buff one that was already more broken courtesy of using Scramble as part of it's mechanics?
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Nerf it and buff one that was already more broken courtesy of using Scramble as part of it's mechanics?
Strange decision, indeed.

I think they probably felt that they had to buff the AMS console, because they gave in and made sci team counter it.
They give with the right hand and take with the left.