Lt. Commander
Alright I give up. I cave. I'm making a tech support thread.

So. I got a new computer recently, an HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC. Now, you can find most of the specs if you just follow that link, but if you'd rather not, the following is a basic overview:

Processor: Intel Core i7 2630 QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770M w/1GB Memory (Driver Date: 4/12/11)
HDD: 750GB @ 5200rpm
Direct X version: 11

Now, this thing -seems- to fit into the Minimum SysReqs for STO, and I've actually played it, albeit with some weird as sin Red Shadows, but now I can't even get past the Cryptic Loading screen, like in this thread. Now I'm at wit's end here, I've tried everything that I know. I've done what was suggested in the last linked thread (including deleting the entire piggs folder), I've uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers, I've uninstalled and reinstalled STO, I've tried it with on-demand patching disabled and without it disabled, I've run it in safe mode, I've run it with fast launch enabled, I've Force Verify'd every single time I've loaded the game, I've run it with Administrator Privileges, I've run it with my firewalls down, I've done everything I know to maybe make the program work a bit better short of overclocking my processor, but I cannot even get back to the glitchy Red Shadows stage.

Is there anything else I can do, or is this thing just not going to run STO anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerhal View Post

So. I got a new computer recently, an HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC. Now, you can find most of the specs if you just follow that link, but if you'd rather not, the following is a basic overview:

Now, this thing -seems- to fit into the Minimum SysReqs for STO, and I've actually played it, albeit with some weird as sin Red Shadows, but now I can't even get past the Cryptic Loading screen, like in this thread. Now I'm at wit's end here, I've tried everything that I know. I've done what was suggested in the last linked thread (including deleting the entire piggs folder), I've uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers, I've uninstalled and reinstalled STO, I've tried it with on-demand patching disabled and without it disabled, I've run it in safe mode, I've run it with fast launch enabled, I've Force Verify'd every single time I've loaded the game, I've run it with Administrator Privileges, I've run it with my firewalls down, I've done everything I know to maybe make the program work a bit better short of overclocking my processor, but I cannot even get back to the glitchy Red Shadows stage.

Is there anything else I can do, or is this thing just not going to run STO anymore?
Update your graphics driver to the latest AMD Catalyst drivers
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Haha, oh wow. Newest version released on the 27th? That's a few days after I started having problems, when I'd dismissed the drivers as the problem. If this is it I'm going to kick myself, hard. But now I've got more problems:

"AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer.

The Version of your graphics adapter is not supported.

Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update."

Wasn't able to install the bloody thing. Always get the above message. What do?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Alright nevermind, it must've installed something or STO decided to work randomly, since I can play now. Although I still have the Red Shadows problem. Any suggestions on fixing that?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Bumping this for the OP. Devs, can we get some help here for this guy?
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerhal View Post

I have the same problem. Any ideas on how to solve it? I can't use the standard ATI drivers either. I bought this laptop really so I could have a powerful laptop for work, but also could get online and play STO. That's really the only game I play right now, so I was really bummed to see red shadows...

Help!
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
red shadows is a bug on higher end cards in the post processing. the devs are aware and working on the issue. temp fix is to turn off post processing.