Lt. Commander
Was in the middle of playing a game(not STO), when the screen froze up. Thinking it was a graphics problem, I alt-tabbed out, only to find, when I went to restart the game, that the drive was inaccessible. I can still see the drive, and its size, just not anything on it. If I could just get access for a couple hours, I could copy the stuff somewhere else. I have enough free space on my other drives for the games, I think, most of the other stuff is pics and videos I saved. Seriously ticked off about this. If you're wondering, it's a Seagate 1TB external USB drive.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-11-2011, 04:13 AM
If you just Re-Down Load, and Install, it should be OK for you. Only Takes Time, and all your Toons and Such is on the Server. After Install, Simply By-Pass the point where it asks for a Key Number, and go right to Log-In.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Oh, I know that, I've had to do something similar when another game I had got messed up, and I had to un/reinstall. I'm just mad that it wasn't JUST STO, or something similar(characters, ect, saved on server), because I've lost almost everything regarding the games I own.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Sorry to hear that, been there done that before. Would contacting Seagate be of any help?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure, but doubtfull. I REALLY don't want to send it to someone, other than someone I know and trust, because I have a couple files with my passwords and cd-keys on it, so I can just copy/paste instead of having to type them out(they're long and complicated, and typing them's a chore). I may be able to contact someone who could help(older guy, not agamer, wont care about the keys, lol), I'll try tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Seagate has their own Customer Support Links, Maybe they could give you some idea of how to Alternately access the drive?

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-13-2011, 07:22 AM
i just had that happen to mine a fw days ago, went and bought 2 new 2tb drives to replace it, went to check it via a hub on the laptop in disk managemt, was readable, main issue was windows decided to kill itself.

not always the drive but windows itself if its an install bettwen 6-14 months for the home users for some reason (random thou).
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Never heard of the Windows thing before. Not trying to get support for my drive here, that'd be silly. No, I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem, if they solved it, and how. Drives about3 years old, I think(don't remember how long ago I got it), but everything else is fine, it's just the one drive. Have a few savegames still, but sadly, I don't think I backed up too many of them, and if I did, they're likely on the same drive, due to its size. I'll figure something out, I hope.