Lt. Commander
time to start thinking about exposure. now theres lots of bad ahit out there, you cant just "hang" and tank. your gonna be all kinds of beat down, and screwed. your lame stuff wont work, you wont be able to heal yourself indefinitely. time to start thinking about REAL strategy, not just ball v ball. welcome to a new day, a new game. i hope ur ready, i know i am ( i mastered defense against ss, my style is perfect to self clear with sci team with 0% fail.) mitigate exposure>win

rush in like leroy, you know what happens (soon, faster than ever)
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I know what you mean Mini. I mastered my tactics. We will still enjoy this game

LETS ALPHA SOME BALLZ TOGETHER!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
time to start thinking about exposure. now theres lots of bad ahit out there, you cant just "hang" and tank. your gonna be all kinds of beat down, and screwed. your lame stuff wont work, you wont be able to heal yourself indefinitely. time to start thinking about REAL strategy, not just ball v ball. welcome to a new day, a new game. i hope ur ready, i know i am ( i mastered defense against ss, my style is perfect to self clear with sci team with 0% fail.) mitigate exposure>win

Some one still has to be uncloaked.

If everyone did this.... we would have a whole lot of launch quality KvK. You know where after 15 min some one says in zone chat... ok who's decloaking? lol

I agree that a good hit and run stradagy works really well... really though... its not something that can be done X everyone.

The hit and run is also much less effective against good teams. Good teams will out heal the spike... and then scramble and kill you, or your teammates as your run away to clear.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Some one still has to be uncloaked.

If everyone did this.... we would have a whole lot of launch quality KvK. You know where after 15 min some one says in zone chat... ok who's decloaking? lol

I agree that a good hit and run stradagy works really well... really though... its not something that can be done X everyone.

The hit and run is also much less effective against good teams. Good teams will out heal the spike... and then scramble and kill you, or your teammates as your run away to clear.
if everyone did this, cryptic would be forced to make another needed change : long range cloak detection. why would the weaker underpowered expose themselves without strategy? entire kdf atatck wings were cloaked in prep for many attack in the trek universe. someone does have to be uncloaked, but i never made u play fed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
if everyone did this, cryptic would be forced to make another needed change : long range cloak detection. why would the weaker underpowered expose themselves without strategy? entire kdf atatck wings were cloaked in prep for many attack in the trek universe. someone does have to be uncloaked, but i never made u play fed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's my point... your basicly saying half the game should play your victim.

If they did put long range detection in, then your back to where you are now anyway.

Having a cloaked sniper works well... we both know that. I just don't believe having an entire team of cloaked snipers is all that effective. It doesn't make the team very adaptable at all. I'm not a fan in anyway of all the damn klink cruisers I am seeing lately though... giving klinks a reason to get back in their bops is a good thing.

I still fly klink 90% of the time btw... I fly fed when I have to wait 30min+ for a game as a klink.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:

My builds have always been offensive, but now that ive read this im rising to the challenge you have presented me and never realised. Im lauching a cheese ball super duper shield/hull tank this weeked and im not gonna do a damn thing except sit in my warp plasma and let you **** torpedos all over me until the cows come home. Its gonna be a little kinky ill admit but im an open minded person and i think your the right person to take this journey with me. Come along wont you