Lt. Commander
Ok, well, I think this has been talked about in the flagship thread, but I thought I might start a new discussion on this. I was wondering why the Devs haven't added the large forward disruptor cannon to the in-game Negh'var yet? When I say Negh'var, I'm referring to the one under command of Martok and Gowron in DS9's Way of the Warrior. Are they going to release a retrofit negh'var, or are they going to be placing a spinal-like disruptor cannon on the new klingon flagship? To me, the negh'var looks cool, but it just doesn't have the oomph a flagship is supposed to have. It feels like a tin can with ablative armor. Anybody else share the same sentiment? And, please don't give me the same tired old argument of it will make the game unbalanced. If the large disruptor cannon unbalances PVP, disable it for PVP gameplay or make it's GC higher. By the way, the negh'var is my favorite in game ship .
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2011, 07:00 AM
If that means cryptic will nerf the Neg's handling in any way, I'm against this. No, I don't want to fly around like a stupid gal X space cow.

Make it a removable console that's only useable by the Neg and leave its current stats alone.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
If that means cryptic will nerf the Neg's handling in any way, I'm against this. No, I don't want to fly around like a stupid gal X space cow.

Make it a removable console that's only useable by the Neg and leave its current stats alone.
HAHAHHAAHA! Omg, lolz. Space cow goes moooo! I agree with leaving it's current stats alone. Maybe the retrofit version should have the console included with a few more crew?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2011, 07:40 AM
A console to give the Negh'var it's canon big cannons would be cool, and both Negh'var models have the mounting rails on the underside for it so why not.

Mybe if there is ever a Negh'var refit it should get it, or the KDF flagship could have it on a console that could be put on the Negh'var as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP_Dodgers View Post
A console to give the Negh'var it's canon big cannons would be cool, and both Negh'var models have the mounting rails on the underside for it so why not.

Mybe if there is ever a Negh'var refit it should get it, or the KDF flagship could have it on a console that could be put on the Negh'var as well.
Since the new flagship will be probably be a new ship that isn't necessarily a negh'var, why not just make a separate Negh'var Retrofit with the cannon console (since the large cannon is something uniquely negh'var)?

Edit: Change the crew complement from 2500 to 3000 and add a an ensign tactical officer
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-14-2011, 07:49 AM
how bout some new ships instead lol

remember star trek armada2 there was a klingon ship with a huge head i think it was kinda like a sci ship.........then ther was that one ship and the story behind it was it was just a kamikaze let me see if i can find pics.....cuz my point is id rather have more variaty then a 25 dollar c-store sparkle pony dont we already have one the goomba lol

this is the
■Fek'lhr-class
http://http://images4.wikia.nocookie...gon_Feklhr.jpg

theres on i think would be cool lol anyways sorry had to vent on my views haha
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-14-2011, 07:57 AM
The Garumba Siege Destroyer already has a beam lance equivalent to the Galaxy-X, they won't be giving the KDF another ship like that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-14-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJumper1
The Garumba Siege Destroyer already has a beam lance equivalent to the Galaxy-X, they won't be giving the KDF another ship like that.
You can't punish people like me because they didn't properly finish the Negh'var before releasing the Garamba. The large cannon is as much a part of Star trek canon as the spinal laser is to the universe for the Galaxy-X.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-14-2011, 08:06 AM
well if thats the case we should make the dread naught voyager from that one epidode where it suposivly bombarded a planet

http://www.southwestern.edu/su_blogs...ip_voyager.jpg

lets just make everything crazy
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie619 View Post
well if thats the case we should make the dread naught voyager from that one epidode where it suposivly bombarded a planet

http://www.southwestern.edu/su_blogs...ip_voyager.jpg

lets just make everything crazy
The negh'var I'm referring to comes from the standard DS9 timeline. It isn't from an alternate universe timeline. How is that crazy?