Lt. Commander
# 1 Pvp Question
09-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Good Evening all,

Was a fan boy of this game prior to launch then found out that the game has very little to no pvp, and what there was, was simply care bear battle grounds style. I saw that the game was going free to play which caught my interest, then saw the great graphics, etc...and said i'm just going to get the game. I suddenly remembered the care bear thing.

So, I've been googling pvp all over these forums andhave found nothing...concerns me. How does pvp work in this game? Is there open world pvp? Is it faction v faction? Or is it just in small areas of the map?

Thanks for filling me in,

Nemajneb
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemajneb
Good Evening all,

Was a fan boy of this game prior to launch then found out that the game has very little to no pvp, and what there was, was simply care bear battle grounds style. I saw that the game was going free to play which caught my interest, then saw the great graphics, etc...and said i'm just going to get the game. I suddenly remembered the care bear thing.

So, I've been googling pvp all over these forums andhave found nothing...concerns me. How does pvp work in this game? Is there open world pvp? Is it faction v faction? Or is it just in small areas of the map?

Nemajneb
You mainly do PVP through queuing or by creating private challenges. The closest you get to Open PVP is Kerrat or the ground equivalent (Otha I believe). But it's still instanced PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemajneb
Good Evening all,

Nemajneb
If by "care bear" you mean not being able to gank players who do not want to PvP, then there is no PvP of that type. All PVP in the game is consensual and, except for warzones that have not reached the population cap of 15, instanced.
I'll admit that some people in warzones are suprised that other players can/will attack them.
In addition the PvP forums are here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Personally I wouldn't bother with PvP until they've addressed some issues. Sci-heavy premades dominate right now, PUGs have very little chance of winning.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2011, 10:38 AM
If you want complete open world pvp with conquerable planets and something resembling a war, stay away from this game.

There is a pvp community. While not large, we do have very intense matches and have a common chatroom, OrganizedPVP. The place is full of people who really know their stuff.

Yes, PvP only happens in instanced maps, whether it's an arena map or the pvpve map called kerrat. Cryptic, over the 600+ days the game has been active, has never given any additional content for PvP'ers. This game will always cater to the RP and PVE crowd.