Lt. Commander
# 1 Achilles Class Starship
09-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I haven't wanted a ship like this since i first fell in love with the Defiant when i saw it on DS9. Here's some background information and an excerpt. It was introduced in the DS9 game, Dominion Wars, and i thought that the background / history was quite well thought out too.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...lles_class.jpg

Quote:
The main spur for the development of the Achilles was a realization that what would be required to shut down the Dominion war machine was the destruction of the Ketracel-white creation facilities in the Alpha Quadrant. It was realized that the Federation and its allies lacked many ships heavy enough for such a mission, limited to Galaxy-class explorers and Klingon Negh'Var-class warships. A new ship class would be required to exploit this "Achilles heel", from which the class's name was derived.

Slightly smaller than the Galaxy or the Sovereign-class, the Achilles was a far cry from the size of the Dominion heavy ships, but was of a sleeker design, and armed with several advanced weapons systems originally designed for the Defiant-class for fighting the Borg. It held a total of eight pulse-phaser cannons, two torpedo tubes for quantum torpedoes and eight new mini quantum torpedo tubes arranged in a phalanx configuration along the vessel's dorsal spine to cause massive destruction.
Read about the Achilles Class
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2011, 10:35 AM
man the achilles is just awesome i soooooooo wish it got made but since its from a game i think thats soft cannon so all the "its not cannon" people will jump on it....i dont understand that though its not like this is a show either its a game too.......anyways i vote for achilles!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie619 View Post
man the achilles is just awesome i soooooooo wish it got made but since its from a game i think thats soft cannon so all the "its not cannon" people will jump on it....i dont understand that though its not like this is a show either its a game too.......anyways i vote for achilles!!!!!!!
Whether it's canon or not is not the issue.
Cryptic can only use canon stuff and its own material.
Material from other parties has to be green lit by those parties.
It worked with the Luna.
It did not work with the Kzinti and it still does not work with the Vesta.
They'd have to ask each indiviadual company for the permission to use every ship.
It's as simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah it's all about rights...maybe if enough people wanted it they could pursue the rights but considering the cost to license anything, it probably wouldn't make sense to pay money to license one ship, unless they felt they could make the money back by putting it on the C-Store.

Quote:
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Developer: Gizmo Games
Released: 7 June 2002
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2011, 10:52 AM
oh ok that makes more sence ....kinda sux when you look at it though that perspective
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-14-2011, 10:56 AM
well dosnt mean we cant be creative if this were a ship that was posible to have how would its layout be
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd like to see this ship also, maybe it will happen eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-14-2011, 11:04 AM
So this is the ship where a well placed torpedo to the aft shuttle bay will cause a warp core breach?
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-14-2011, 11:21 AM
no thats the connie