Lt. Commander
# 1461
09-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
No. Only the NPC's have had the glowing details from a distance. Not up close. And player's of the K't'inga have been envious about it for a while now. As we never had the glowing effect at all. This has been a problem for a while now. Which some of us have reiterated in the Tribble forum for good measure. The patch really only fixed the distortion that I related. Which might not seem as important as the lighting issue for some. But, IMO, it is still progress.
I went over a few of the different K't'inga pictures and saw that only some of them had the glowing nacelle grilles. Others had completely opaque nacelles. I'm thinking that the glowing grilles should probably be added only to certain K't'inga costumes, like Qo'noS / Kronos 1.
Lt. Commander
# 1462
09-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Thank you for the very orderly set up of your message. I've added your issues as a link to your post. I've also removed one of the two dorsal name light entries, as I had accidentally entered it twice.
Glad to help I edited to add some formatting.
Lt. Commander
# 1463
09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Thought I'd mention a couple things. First, I noticed playing through "War Is Good For Business" that you can see these lights in space following the Ferengi ship around. I believe this has been mentioned in this thread for other ships as well (including a post by me mentioning it for the Rommie/Reman BoPs). Sorry about the size, I couldn't get a whole lot closer.

Also, I've mentioned the red Federation insignia on the NX-01 in the past. However, I've noticed also that the bridge is this bright, Texas Longhorns-burnt orange color, and it's REALLY noticeable. The one in the show, however, isn't.

Lt. Commander
# 1464
09-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
I went over a few of the different K't'inga pictures and saw that only some of them had the glowing nacelle grilles. Others had completely opaque nacelles. I'm thinking that the glowing grilles should probably be added only to certain K't'inga costumes, like Qo'noS / Kronos 1.
As far as the movie productions were concerned, they really were the same model. With these distinctions:
  • K't'inga (in The Motion Picture) sported the red collector up top the engineering hull. Unlit nacelles.
  • Kronos One sported the inner, green illumination of the nacelles. It does sport the red collector upon initial approach of the Enterprise. But not during the threat of combat and Enterprise's surrender. It's hull displays a unique, red paint job across the armor plating. The House of Makok (of which, in soft canon, Chancellor's Gorkon & Azetbur were a part) emblem on the nacelle struts. Along with a unique name implying flagship status at that time.
  • Then we saw K't'inga again via CGI in both DS9 and Voyager. Most showings displayed the lit nacelles.
What we see in-game is a single K't'inga model sporting combined lighting schemes. IMO, that's not a horrible thing. I was hopeful the lighting schemes would be resolved later via the Material customizations. Just like deflectors are now. Maybe some player don't want the lighting scheme at all. While others want all of the above.
Lt. Commander
# 1465
09-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
As far as the movie productions were concerned, they really were the same model. With these distinctions:
  • K't'inga (in The Motion Picture) sported the red collector up top the engineering hull. Unlit nacelles.
  • Kronos One sported the inner, green illumination of the nacelles. And no red collector up top. But did sport a unique, red paint job across the armor plating. The House of Makok (of which, in soft canon, Chancellor's Gorkon & Azetbur were a part) emblem on the nacelle struts. Along with a unique name implying flagship status at that time.
  • Then we saw K't'inga again via CGI in both DS9 and Voyager. Most showings displayed the lit nacelles.
What we see in-game is a single K't'inga model sporting combined lighting schemes. IMO, that's not a horrible thing. I was hopeful the lighting schemes would be resolved later via the Material customizations. Just like deflectors are now. Maybe some player don't want the lighting scheme at all. While others want all of the above.
I've added this post as a link in the K't'inga section.
Lt. Commander
# 1466
09-16-2011, 02:18 PM
well if the sovereign has not been remade yet i would like to point out the bridge and deck area are incorrect the bridge needs to be moved forward. Here are what it has to look like http://i.imgur.com/kwO8T.jpg and here is what it looks like now (the wrong way) http://i.imgur.com/Foyk9.jpg .i really hope the sov get remodeled soon.
Lt. Commander
# 1467
09-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-prise
well if the sovereign has not been remade yet i would like to point out the bridge and deck area are incorrect the bridge needs to be moved forward. Here are what it has to look like http://i.imgur.com/kwO8T.jpg and here is what it looks like now (the wrong way) http://i.imgur.com/Foyk9.jpg .i really hope the sov get remodeled soon.
I know she really needs to be re done, im surprised that they are not using the nemesis design in game? And the diamensions (spellign) of the sovereign does not look right, to me the nacelles are sticking out to far and are definatly to low and need to be rised. The saucer looks to narrow and needs to be wider but still look elogated. The engineering section is to thin and needs to be a little thicker. There is more i want to say but cba atm. There is alot the needs sorting out on the sovereign class.
Lt. Commander
# 1468
09-18-2011, 10:51 AM
The windows under the saucer section of the Venture class are not the same on either side. The ring does not go all the way around. I think it would look better if the window paneling was shortened to match the short side.

Also the right nacelle's decal is floating a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 1469
09-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey Logan, this is a question of curiosity more than a request... But when the Odyssey class is rolled out, is Material 6 going to be available to the other ships in the game?
Lt. Commander
# 1470
09-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Hey Logan, this is a question of curiosity more than a request... But when the Odyssey class is rolled out, is Material 6 going to be available to the other ships in the game?
Best place ask Capnlogn question would be in the "want to see what the devs..." thread in the sto discussion. Thats how i managed to find out the he will be doing to sovereign class upgrades or whatever to it late dow the road which personally does not make sense since he stated the the new odyssey skin will be avaiable to other ships would include sovys.
Closed Thread