Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-11-2011, 12:55 PM
He also said that Silver players won't have the option to keep a pool of officers to switch back and forth.
Given that a BoP has only four BO slots, having 5 officers would create this option. Unless they change all ships to create an equal amount of BO slots on all tiers.

Take note that the F2P matrix mentions that Gold players get 2 additional slots per rank, whereas Silver players have to purchase them all. Do you think they will start out with 5 slots on the very first level? Will not that, too, create a pool to choose officers from on the lower tiers?

Technically, what Stormy said could also be interpreted in a way that you only get one BO of each kind - one Tac, one Sci, one Engineer - as in a way, that already IS enough to "fully man" a ship. It's all a matter of interpretation, you see.
I wouldn't even call having to buy additional BO slots to man all stations "pay to win" and rather see it more like a "one-time entrance fee" into the higher tiers. Game has to be financed somehow, and the current F2P matrix does not create a lot of incentives for people to sub.

That said, until further information is announced, I think there just isn't enough solid stuff yet, so we should not jump to conclusions.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
How will you get around the 4 BO restriction?

Discuss!
You can't.....it's kinda important......

Well that basically rules out the Carriers for f2p players as they would be hit hardest by that restriction, so yeah basically they're only at their top effectiveness in the Bird of Prey.

Odd part is that this hits the Feds as hard as the Klingons so somebody really wasn't thinking when they implemented this feature.....
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-11-2011, 05:01 PM
I just saw that silver account is only able to hold 2! Character slots... What will happen with your other characters? Will they be removed? I mean i got 12 characters now and spent so much time playing with them and to optimise. Did I spend my time for nothing then? Did I play hundreds of hours just to know my characters will (maybe) be removed when STO becomes F2P? I played the game really with passion and had a lot of fun. To know that your character may be removed is like a slap in your face. If that'll happen I prolly leave the game...
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Nah they won't delete or restrict you from playing characters already created. If you go silver tho, you will likely have bank/inventory/boff slots locked out. Dunno if its like when you convert from gold to silver that you pick excess items and boffs to sell/dismiss.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about F2Pers running BoPs since KDF won't be unlocked until their Fed reaches level 25. By that point, they will be too invested in their fed characters to bother even creating a KDF character. Especially with the limit of only 2 character slots, which will most likely both be Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
Especially with the limit of only 2 character slots, which will most likely both be Feds.
Nope. Unless they buy a 2nd Fed slot, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3w
I just saw that silver account is only able to hold 2! Character slots... What will happen with your other characters? Will they be removed? I mean i got 12 characters now and spent so much time playing with them and to optimise. Did I spend my time for nothing then? Did I play hundreds of hours just to know my characters will (maybe) be removed when STO becomes F2P? I played the game really with passion and had a lot of fun. To know that your character may be removed is like a slap in your face. If that'll happen I prolly leave the game...
Since you purchased extra slots, they can't really take those away. the only slot they can is your 3rd "gold level" character, since gold accounts get three slots (just like now) plus any extra purchased, and silver only start with 2.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
I wouldn't worry too much about F2Pers running BoPs since KDF won't be unlocked until their Fed reaches level 25. By that point, they will be too invested in their fed characters to bother even creating a KDF character. Especially with the limit of only 2 character slots, which will most likely both be Feds.
it was stated that the second character *must* be KDF (most likely for all accounts IIRC, not just silver).
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-15-2011, 01:45 AM
That makes it easier for Cryptic to sell Char slots through C-Store.