Lt. Commander
# 31
09-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
That's right. If the large cannon is anything like the spinal laser, it won't have 100% accuracy. Thus, it won't make PVP combat as one-sided as some of the others suggested in this thread.
I might add that if people to want to use it in PvP, then make it a console instead of a ship innate power. That way, you either get the passive +stats of the console slot OR you give up that passive always on bonus for an extra beam overload on a 3 minute cooldown.

I don't have any feelings on the matter one way or the other, but having it as a console will ensure there's a cost you pay if you want to load the weapon on your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I might add that if people to want to use it in PvP, then make it a console instead of a ship innate power. That way, you either get the passive +stats of the console slot OR you give up that passive always on bonus for an extra beam overload on a 3 minute cooldown.

I don't have any feelings on the matter one way or the other, but having it as a console will ensure there's a cost you pay if you want to load the weapon on your ship.
What kind of passive stats are we talking about here?
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
What kind of passive stats are we talking about here?
what? a console slot man

Like a +7 boost to weapons in an engineering console slot. Instead of having that +7 weapon power all the time, you will have a negvar cannon.

Or a +30 to disruptor or torpedo in a tac console slot, you will have the negvar cannon in that slot.

You give up something for something.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-15-2011, 04:44 AM
The only Negh'Var ever to have been seen with anything remotely like a "spinal disruptor beam" was the Negh'Var from "All Good Things".

It fired from a lance at the front of the ship, but that lance was removed for both the Way of the Warrior and End Game Negh'Var - instead, there is what appears to be a docking port there, which is what is currently used as a torpedo hard point in STO.

In both Way of the Warrior and End Game, the Negh'Var fires almost all of its weapons from the two weapon pods under neath the ship - which are currently missing on the STO model - these pods are seen to fire large spreads of torpedoes.

So in short, the STO Negh'Var should not have any kind of special beam weapon. Instead, it should have its weapon pods finally added and be given some kind of torpedo spread ability.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-15-2011, 05:00 AM
How bout a Klingon cruiser refit (not the vorcha) that would put you on the same keel as a Excelsior as far as BO set up goes? Personally I love the Neghvar, yet I feel it's missing something without more of a tac ability like the Excelsior Lt Cmd tac slot......I could swear Cryptic said somewhere early on that the exsisting ship load outs would be revisited. Under the direction the game is going this would be a pretty good idea to get underway as some of the very first ships in game are lagging behind with all this new ship console madness.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
The only Negh'Var ever to have been seen with anything remotely like a "spinal disruptor beam" was the Negh'Var from "All Good Things".

It fired from a lance at the front of the ship, but that lance was removed for both the Way of the Warrior and End Game Negh'Var - instead, there is what appears to be a docking port there, which is what is currently used as a torpedo hard point in STO.

In both Way of the Warrior and End Game, the Negh'Var fires almost all of its weapons from the two weapon pods under neath the ship - which are currently missing on the STO model - these pods are seen to fire large spreads of torpedoes.

So in short, the STO Negh'Var should not have any kind of special beam weapon. Instead, it should have its weapon pods finally added and be given some kind of torpedo spread ability.
I might forgo the large disruptor canon if they put in a special torpedo spread ability .

Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
How bout a Klingon cruiser refit (not the vorcha) that would put you on the same keel as a Excelsior as far as BO set up goes? Personally I love the Neghvar, yet I feel it's missing something without more of a tac ability like the Excelsior Lt Cmd tac slot......I could swear Cryptic said somewhere early on that the exsisting ship load outs would be revisited. Under the direction the game is going this would be a pretty good idea to get underway as some of the very first ships in game are lagging behind with all this new ship console madness.
A Lt. commander tac would be a pretty bold edition. Earlier in the thread, I argued in favor of adding an ensign tac, but I think I like your proposal better. I would even improve the turn-rate by 1 to make it a proper tactical refit. Looks at the cowering Fed PVP players, looks back at his new Negh'var retrofit, and laughs an evil Klingon laugh. You Starfleets will be like blind grishnar cats!
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
that would be cool with the d7/ktinga that ship has certainly prooved itself much like the excelcior.....although a torpedo to the belly knocks out its gravity....