Lt. Commander
Hello everyone. I would like to use my Logitech Dual Action Gamepad with STO but have not had any luck. I have been able to do this with other games that lack gamepad support using the Logitech Profiler software, by simply assigning the gamepad buttons as keyboard buttons, and an analog stick as the mouse axis. However, this has not worked at all with STO.

So if anyone has any info that can benefit me, please do share. And if I make any progress I will also post the information in this thread.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2010, 10:53 PM
I used the logitech profiler to configure settings for my Logitech Rumblepad2 based on my keybindings. I have it set to detect when the game is running using the file "gameclient.exe" (very important unless you setup a persistent, always on, profile). You can find this file located in the "...Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live" folder by default install. As long as the profiler is up while the game is running I can use the pad & it seems to give me a real advantage in space.

Hope that helps!
Lt. Commander
# 3 I am having trouble with this
05-02-2010, 07:00 PM
when I am using my logitech dual gamepad (brand-new) with the profiler and assign it to the gameclient.exe, it starts the game (without the updater that runs and says engage) and takes me to the IN game sign in screen, as if I were switching between characters, but when I try to log in, it says trying to connect to account page, and then times out.
what gives?? anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2010, 10:34 AM
start the game normally not through the profiler. I found it easier to setup my controls manually by alt+tabing out and setting the controller to use the bound keys.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-05-2010, 09:23 AM
anyone mind posting their profile settings?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Hi, I found this thread while looking to see if I was actually able to use my Logitech controller. I'm not a big computer gamer, I prefer console gaming, but when this game came out I figured I'd give it a try. However, reading the above threads is really not helping me, though. I haven't played a computer game in years and haven't used the Logitech controller before on this laptop. One of my room mates gave me his old Logitech Dual Action controller to use. I plugged it in and it automatically uploaded the drivers for it. However, when I pull up the options in the game to set up different keys it only shows computer and mouse keys to be used. Is there something I need to set up or do that I'm not doing? Any help would be useful. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2011, 12:25 AM
I have a LogiTech Dual Action Controller, I got on sale from LogiTech, I was planning on using it for this game, anyone have a guide, or config for getting the controller to work? I was born with shaking, and my cordination is bad, I rather try play this game with the controller, for space battles, then slamming the spacebar and other keys. Thank you in Advance
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadriel_Fett View Post
Hi, I found this thread while looking to see if I was actually able to use my Logitech controller. I'm not a big computer gamer, I prefer console gaming, but when this game came out I figured I'd give it a try. However, reading the above threads is really not helping me, though. I haven't played a computer game in years and haven't used the Logitech controller before on this laptop. One of my room mates gave me his old Logitech Dual Action controller to use. I plugged it in and it automatically uploaded the drivers for it. However, when I pull up the options in the game to set up different keys it only shows computer and mouse keys to be used. Is there something I need to set up or do that I'm not doing? Any help would be useful. Thanks.
As you mention your a console gamer i'd go for a xbox 360 wired pad, can plug and play straight in a windows pc and you can direct bind the all the buttons in game without no need for any 3rd party software messing about. Camera works perfect on the right stick too.

There's a guide on the forums with the binds here http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=91705 All you have to do is decide on your control style once you got the binds.