Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback Pulse Build Question
09-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Hey all, I'm working on kind of a fun Sci build and wanted to get one piece of advice from the community.
I don't want to put the whole thing up yet, as I'm still fine tuning it on paper at the moment, but basically it builds around Feedback Pulse (which I realize isn't as crazy OP as it used to be) and Directed Energy Mod, for some good clean 'straight to your hull damage' fun.

Possibly paired up with plasma beams for the hull DoT or disruptors, for the damage resist debuff, but that's a debate for later.

The build is coming together ok, has the usual staples (two copies of EPtS to chain, for instance), but I have one very basic question; Science or Engineering for the captain?

Or I guess even Tac if someone can throw in a compelling argument from out of left field.

The thing is it's not trying to be a DPS sci, but it's not really a straight shield tank, either. So I can't decide if I would get more benefit out of a Sci captain to boost the sci powers like Feedback Pulse, or an Engineer to get things like RSM and Miracle Worker to help survive the fire coming from all sides that you need to trigger to really make a FBP build useful.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked_Wookie
Hey all, I'm working on kind of a fun Sci build and wanted to get one piece of advice from the community.
I don't want to put the whole thing up yet, as I'm still fine tuning it on paper at the moment, but basically it builds around Feedback Pulse (which I realize isn't as crazy OP as it used to be) and Directed Energy Mod, for some good clean 'straight to your hull damage' fun.

Possibly paired up with plasma beams for the hull DoT or disruptors, for the damage resist debuff, but that's a debate for later.

The build is coming together ok, has the usual staples (two copies of EPtS to chain, for instance), but I have one very basic question; Science or Engineering for the captain?

Or I guess even Tac if someone can throw in a compelling argument from out of left field.

The thing is it's not trying to be a DPS sci, but it's not really a straight shield tank, either. So I can't decide if I would get more benefit out of a Sci captain to boost the sci powers like Feedback Pulse, or an Engineer to get things like RSM and Miracle Worker to help survive the fire coming from all sides that you need to trigger to really make a FBP build useful.

Thoughts?
I'm an Eng with a BO that has FBP and thinking about dropping it since it doesn't seem to do anything. I've noticed hardly any, or if any at all, damage dealt with it. At this point I'm thinking that it's probably been nerfed into near uselessness, for me anyway. But others might have better luck with it.