Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
09-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royobannon View Post
I've actually wondered about this...
There are tons of "why" and "why not" arguments, neither more or less valid than the others. The only thing I can say for certain about a discussion here in the fourms is that it will lead to alot of discussions, arguments, infractions and possibly even a ban or two... thats how it's been in the past, and it is how it will be in the future.

The ONLY reason we have thoose ships with the cloak, from a pure real aspect, is because alot of people really wanted them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
09-13-2011, 12:25 AM
There is an Oberth refit. Its called the DSSV
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
09-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Considering the timeline and the fact that the entire Romulan Empire collapsed, it would nullify the cloaking agreement they had during DS9. Common sense dictates that the Federation could have easily created their own cloak by then, and the Romulan treaty didn't prohibit the Federation from creating their own cloaking device. Considering that the Defiant also has now two variant classes, it would seem the design flaws from the DS9 Defiant would have been solved.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
09-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
Considering the timeline and the fact that the entire Romulan Empire collapsed, it would nullify the cloaking agreement they had during DS9. Common sense dictates that the Federation could have easily created their own cloak by then, and the Romulan treaty didn't prohibit the Federation from creating their own cloaking device. Considering that the Defiant also has now two variant classes, it would seem the design flaws from the DS9 Defiant would have been solved.
A: Couldn let it go eh?

B: What design flaws? They were mass produced during the dominon war.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
09-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
A: Couldn let it go eh?

B: What design flaws? They were mass produced during the dominon war.
ok the orginal defiant had design flaws but only that one and they were fixed and over with when put into mas production

as for the phase cloak there is no concievable reason why starfeet wouldnt use tech that would give them an advantage in a time of WAR thats right starfleet is at war with the klingons in this game

and who cares what the romualns think they could care less about treaties and they got enough to worry about with the reman infact i remeber missions in the game where there were romulan colonies begging to be part of star fleet so we can see where that goes


PHASE CLOAK FTW
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
09-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie619 View Post
ok the orginal defiant had design flaws but only that one and they were fixed and over with when put into mas production

as for the phase cloak there is no concievable reason why starfeet wouldnt use tech that would give them an advantage in a time of WAR thats right starfleet is at war with the klingons in this game

and who cares what the romualns think they could care less about treaties and they got enough to worry about with the reman infact i remeber missions in the game where there were romulan colonies begging to be part of star fleet so we can see where that goes


PHASE CLOAK FTW
Actually, there's lots of technologies the Federation has that would give them an advantage in a time of war that they refuse to make use of on various grounds.

The Federation likely laid claim to the technology from the TNG episode "Arsenal of Freedom" which was sufficient to nearly destroy a Galaxy class ship and was obviously designed to be easily disseminated (since it was for sale). They could likely quite easily deploy those drones to every one of their systems, ensuring that any Klingon fleet entering the system would be met by escalating and unbeatable force.

They also have extensive access and experience with Borg Nano-probes, thanks to the work of the Doctor & Seven on Voyager, they could basically assimilate the Klingon Empire if they desired, but refuse based on moral grounds.

They're well versed in sub-space and Theleron weaponry, but refuse to use it.

I'm sure there are other examples. My proposed Oberth retrofit would be a "rule of cool" ship with a fun console you could pass around to other ships in your arsenal. It would fall into the same "These aren't really canon but are cool" category as the Defiant Retrofit and the Galaxy X.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
09-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
Actually, there's lots of technologies the Federation has that would give them an advantage in a time of war that they refuse to make use of on various grounds.

The Federation likely laid claim to the technology from the TNG episode "Arsenal of Freedom" which was sufficient to nearly destroy a Galaxy class ship and was obviously designed to be easily disseminated (since it was for sale). They could likely quite easily deploy those drones to every one of their systems, ensuring that any Klingon fleet entering the system would be met by escalating and unbeatable force.

They also have extensive access and experience with Borg Nano-probes, thanks to the work of the Doctor & Seven on Voyager, they could basically assimilate the Klingon Empire if they desired, but refuse based on moral grounds.

They're well versed in sub-space and Theleron weaponry, but refuse to use it.

I'm sure there are other examples. My proposed Oberth retrofit would be a "rule of cool" ship with a fun console you could pass around to other ships in your arsenal. It would fall into the same "These aren't really canon but are cool" category as the Defiant Retrofit and the Galaxy X.
in opinion i think a cloak is far diferent then weapons of mass destruction

a cloak is essentually just realy good cammoflage

i can see it being way more practical to use a cloak to save lifes say throwing it on a medical ship or somthing like that or a dammged ship being able to go cloak and hide instead of being completly destroyed and loosing it and all the crew cloaks to me are just a verry usefull tool

your talking about sub space weapons and thalaron to mee thos are like nukes today kinda a last ditch meathod of gettign a job done cuz the lasting effects and losss of life are far forse the they are worth

as for the borg tec seems to me that klingons take waht tech they want if they needed some borg tech for feds they probaly would of raided it or jsut taken it form the borg themselfs also considering this game is far in the future from when voyager returned in dure kdf have a good understanding of borg tech

and as to arsenal of freedom... whos to say that tech is even viable anymore considering all the advancements that have been made by now in the timeline

but please reply i like debating this
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 AM.