Lt. Commander
# 1 a feeler
09-15-2011, 02:06 PM
hey all you pvp'rs out there.

major question- what is your reaction to the idea of a organized pvp voice chat service (be it vent or teamspeak)

there would be a way to directly donate to the service but it would not be required.

the idea behind this would be a central area for all the pvp events and just a central area for people to chat/hang out while playing in pvp.

there would private channels for fleets that would like to make this their home and of course there would be many pvp channels for teams out and about in the field.

remember this is just a feeler but if enough people show intrest we can maybe even directly tie this in with the opvp ingame chat channel so there a biggeer sense of community to the pvp community.

any feedback is welcome on this. so pelase think about it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2011, 02:12 PM
You mean since Vixox is still in disarray?

I think having such a shared server for all players is certainly appealing. Many fleets won't need this anymore, but it is still useful for the OPvP tournament events, I think.

That said - don't expect miracles - many people (including me to some extent) are shy, and their can also be language barriers in play. So some people will either refuse or shy away from the service. But having it out there as an option sounds good to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Hm, interesting idea.

Is this just for events, or daily usage as well? If it's JUST for events/meetings, then I think a group Skype call could suffice (or even using an existing fleet's Vent).
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Hm, interesting idea.

Is this just for events, or daily usage as well? If it's JUST for events/meetings, then I think a group Skype call could suffice (or even using an existing fleet's Vent).
ideally it wouild be for daily use and group use. this would require a large server that makes eevryone happy.

if this is something everyone can agree to use (not be the only one mond you but willing to make use of it) then i think tsi's current vent can be upcounted and channels added. we'd just need a teamspeak3 if thats whats decided.

mind you too that whoever is willing to take this upon themselves will be taking the cost as well (except those donations that are provided)
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I can volunteer Jorf Vent if needed. 25 man lifetime sub. Can possibly add some more capacity...
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Keep in mind that we're probs only going to be facing a dwindling population, especially after TOR hits. But f2p might change that, I dunno.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Keep in mind that we're probs only going to be facing a dwindling population, especially after TOR hits. But f2p might change that, I dunno.
which i think might be a good cause to have a central voice center for everyone to be at.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
which i think might be a good cause to have a central voice center for everyone to be at.
I think that is a great idea for the reason. Unfortunately PvP is going to be a wasteland in a few months, so it would be great to have some common gathering spot for the 7 or 8 of us that remain.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I have a raidcall thingy somewhere.

I'll see if I can dig it up
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-15-2011, 07:39 PM
yes, that is all...