Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayla
Lol. A dev got censored
Nah, those are actual *s ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I love people buying Crossover.

Yes, the Crossover version that can run STO does run it slightly better in some ways to the Wineskin based one i made.... especially when it comes to windowing and fullscreen support, because Codeweavers has a really good X server built in customized to work good on OSX with Wine, and Wineskin uses Xquartz which totally sucks for Wine gaming.... using Open Source Wine will never be as good on a Mac until Xquartz has all the features needed.

if you want totally free, you can use my version, but I have no problems with people buying Crossover to play, as Codeweavers helps make Wine great.
Lt. Commander
I actually got it to work with this system configuration. I did how ever disable graphics switching on the mac side before attempting this so that I could use the 1GB of VRAM. The graphics ran smooth, the load up time was long, I suspect that it was because this was the first time I ran in a virtual machine (btw, the virtual machine is using the Windows partition I created for Boot Camp). One major issue I did find is that the mouse was incredibly over-sensitive. I did lower the sensitivity in the game but it didn't help much. If you move at a normal pace, it would jump erratically all over the place and at a fast pace. If you move slowly, it would still jump but only a little bit and at the direction you want. This glitch is a problem if you were in an intense space/ground fight. So, other than that mouse problem, everything ran smoothly for me.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Small detail
09-15-2011, 03:43 PM
My Mac is running OS X 10.7.1 (Lion)