Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
1.) Would you accept it if the Jupiter Dreadnought was released as a variant skin to the Galaxy X?

2.) Would you accept it if the Typhoon Battleship was released as a variant skin to the Assault Cruiser?

3.) Would you accept it if the Spinal Lance on the Federation Dreadnought was modified so that it could fire 3 shots ( each 3 seconds apart from the other ) before it went into its long cool down cycle?

I thank you in advance for your answers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla
1.) Would you accept it if the Jupiter Dreadnought was released as a variant skin to the Galaxy X?

2.) Would you accept it if the Typhoon Battleship was released as a variant skin to the Assault Cruiser?

3.) Would you accept it if the Spinal Lance on the Federation Dreadnought was modified so that it could fire 3 shots ( each 3 seconds apart from the other ) before it went into its long cool down cycle?

I thank you in advance for your answers.
1) I don't see any real issue with this, although the nature of the variants might make implementation tricky.

2) I'm not a fan, but I admit - I'm surprised this wasn't done from day 1.

3) So long as the change was purely cosmetic, with no change in overall damage output, then sure. If it behaves like it did in AGT, so much the better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
1: At this point I prefer new ships rather then skins. Part of the issue I have with the new Variant program is that they are all just new parts for existing ships. I want to see different choices at each Tier. I do not want to fly around in the same Galaxy with a slightly different appearance. I would like a whole new class of T4 Cruiser.

2: A would accept it as a new Variant rather then just a new skin. Of course everything I said above holds true here as well.

3: I agree with Koppenflak here. Cosmetic rate of fire does not bother me: look at the current cannons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla
1.) Would you accept it if the Jupiter Dreadnought was released as a variant skin to the Galaxy X?

2.) Would you accept it if the Typhoon Battleship was released as a variant skin to the Assault Cruiser?

3.) Would you accept it if the Spinal Lance on the Federation Dreadnought was modified so that it could fire 3 shots ( each 3 seconds apart from the other ) before it went into its long cool down cycle?

I thank you in advance for your answers.
1st: Well I like the idea fpor more costumes... But that ugly peace of junk? Well I guess if people like it they should have it... I dont like to dictate other their way of gameplay by restricting something (or voting for restrictions) because I DONT like it... so... why not.
2nd: Well the Typhoon is prety ugly too... but not worst then EVERY star cruiser... so why not....
3rd: Do not see the point here. I like the lance the way it is... and making the visuals of an ability costumizable is, I believe, means more efford then use.... and we need the devs attention at enough ther places... so: NO.
If it is about changing more then cosmetics... well I'd have to see the result before judging what I like better...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-13-2011, 06:06 PM
GASP!
Someone other than myself asking about the Jupiter! AND the Typhoon to boot!

Well I for one would whole heartedly oppose the Jupiter becoming a skin for the Galaxy X Dreadnought, they are just two completely different ships. It would be better if they came out with a new ship entirely (my guess is it will be a retrofit to explain the change of graphics, powers etc.). In fact the devs have stated that the Jupiter and the Typhoon are on the list to come out later this year, now with the implementation of F2P I would almost assure you that these two ships will come out as c-store items.

The Typhoon could get away with being a skin of the assault cruiser, but I would also like to see it be it's own ship with it's own stats.

No comment on the Galaxy X, except for the fact that I've heard the spinal lance sucks in the first place (unless it's been updated).

Hope that helps, if you're interested in the Jupiter Class Dreadnought take a look at my forums; you can find the links in my signature below.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla
1.) Would you accept it if the Jupiter Dreadnought was released as a variant skin to the Galaxy X?

2.) Would you accept it if the Typhoon Battleship was released as a variant skin to the Assault Cruiser?

3.) Would you accept it if the Spinal Lance on the Federation Dreadnought was modified so that it could fire 3 shots ( each 3 seconds apart from the other ) before it went into its long cool down cycle?

I thank you in advance for your answers.


1) No, its so ugly it looks like it belongs in the water. It does not have cannons, or a lance cannon, so why make it the skin of the Gallaxy X? What we need is a carrier ship to counter the Klingons' carrier but I would not use the Jupiter for it. Its too ungly.

2) Sure, why not? It already has the same body style as an assault cruiser.

3) Yes, give it 3 shots as long as the damage is 3 times as it is now. For example, 1st shot breaks the shields, 2nd shot does 25% damage to hull, 3rd shot 25% more damge to the hull. If you catch a ship with the shields down it should almost destroy that ship. If it's a hull class less than a cruiser it should be a kill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
3) Yes, give it 3 shots as long as the damage is 3 times as it is now. For example, 1st shot breaks the shields, 2nd shot does 25% damage to hull, 3rd shot 25% more damge to the hull. If you catch a ship with the shields down it should almost destroy that ship. If it's a hull class less than a cruiser it should be a kill.
Because that's not overpowered, at all.

Have you even considered the combined buffs that a tactical Vice Admiral can get out by stacking Emergency Power to Weapons with Attack Pattern Alpha, Tactical Team, Tactical Fleet and Fire on My Mark?

I've got regular phaser beam arrays on a Sovereign doing 1,500 damage per shot with the above buffs without even trying to optimize the build. What you're proposing is a freaking death star.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Because that's not overpowered, at all.

Have you even considered the combined buffs that a tactical Vice Admiral can get out by stacking Emergency Power to Weapons with Attack Pattern Alpha, Tactical Team, Tactical Fleet and Fire on My Mark?

I've got regular phaser beam arrays on a Sovereign doing 1,500 damage per shot with the above buffs without even trying to optimize the build. What you're proposing is a freaking death star.

Oh, and the escorts aren't over powered? To fight escort ships that have modified hull rating like teir 5 criusers and fly around you like gnats, you need an overpowered gun. Its a special move, duh. It needs to act like a special move and do special damage. Right, now it barely scratches Aegis Covariant shields which most pvp players outfit themselves with. Escorts have fast firing cannons that break though my shields, so I want weapon that take down his shields and hull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
Oh, and the escorts aren't over powered? To fight escort ships that have modified hull rating like teir 5 criusers and fly around you like gnats, you need an overpowered gun. Its a special move, duh. It needs to act like a special move and do special damage. Right, now it barely scratches Aegis Covariant shields which most pvp players outfit themselves with. Escorts have fast firing cannons that break though my shields, so I want weapon that take down his shields and hull.
What you want is a weapon that will kill your opponent in one shot.

Covariants have been nerfed since Season 4. Borg Regeneratives are the most popular choice right now, combined with the set for the hull heal and multi-regenerative procs.

Second... Escort alpha strike? Yeah, this isnt new. If you don't know how to counter that by now, it's not the game's problem - it's yours. RSP, Tactical Team, Aceton Field... All of them mitigate this.

The bottom line is: No single weapon which can kill your opponent in one shot can, in any realm of fair play, be considered 'balanced'. And no sane developer in their right mind is ever going to grant you this wish.

Adapt or Die. Don't ask them to break game balance just because you have not worked out a counter that a great many people have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
What you want is a weapon that will kill your opponent in one shot.

Covariants have been nerfed since Season 4. Borg Regeneratives are the most popular choice right now, combined with the set for the hull heal and multi-regenerative procs.

Second... Escort alpha strike? Yeah, this isnt new. If you don't know how to counter that by now, it's not the game's problem - it's yours. RSP, Tactical Team, Aceton Field... All of them mitigate this.

The bottom line is: No single weapon which can kill your opponent in one shot can, in any realm of fair play, be considered 'balanced'. And no sane developer in their right mind is ever going to grant you this wish.

Adapt or Die. Don't ask them to break game balance just because you have not worked out a counter that a great many people have.

There is no where in my quote that asked for one shot kill, so stop putting words in my mouth. I just want the weapon to do more damage than it does. If i ask for somethin a little extreme that because most likely they will meet me half way. You quit hating because I want the Dreadnaught upgraded. I am not changing my ship because you would like to see it nerfed. Its more than just their alfa strike. The escorts get tripple the Tac buffs a cruiser gets and all i get is engineering stuff that doesn't work well enough. You want to talk about balance? Just look at the score boards after PVP play and see how escorts get better and higher scores than everyone else bacause they can kill alot more people before they are killed. Explain how is that fair.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 PM.