Lt. Commander
# 1 Patcher Error
09-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Today when I tried to start Star Trek Online up, the Cryptic Launcher Auto Updater gave me this message, "Patcher Error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function." I click the OK button on the message box and then the whole thing closes. I didn't even recieve an error id number, nothing. I didn't even get into the Star Trek Online Launcher itself either, it was just the Cryptic Launcher Auto Update but that closed once I hit the OK button on the Patcher Error Message Box. Help please thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Help!
09-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Could somebody respond to this as soon as possible please? I tried doing a system restore because I though that my use of the program TweekMaster was the problem. So I tried a system restore to restore my orignal network parameters, but after restarting the computer said that nothing was changed and that there was an unspeficied error during system restore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2011, 06:31 PM
K....Now I know I'm not crazy....I have the exact same issue. Submitted an Error report using the crypticerror application that is in the STO folder, but I don't have a clue what to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4 patcher error are not cool
09-15-2011, 06:40 PM
i got an error too. could someone please let me know what's going on. but good to know i'm not the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda5221979 View Post
K....Now I know I'm not crazy....I have the exact same issue. Submitted an Error report using the crypticerror application that is in the STO folder, but I don't have a clue what to do.
You and me both. I just hope some Dev or some more people see this thread and do something about this. Otherwise I'm not going to be able to get into the launcher. And it's driving me crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm getting the same error. What's weird is that the launcher was working perfectly fine earlier today.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Currently experiencing the same issue.
Lt. Commander
I've got that too! and try to restart the program itselft, please resolve it quickly. it's annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
Today when I tried to start Star Trek Online up, the Cryptic Launcher Auto Updater gave me this message, "Patcher Error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function." I click the OK button on the message box and then the whole thing closes. I didn't even recieve an error id number, nothing. I didn't even get into the Star Trek Online Launcher itself either, it was just the Cryptic Launcher Auto Update but that closed once I hit the OK button on the Patcher Error Message Box. Help please thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one. I thought it was only me so I did a system restore, but no it wasn't just me. But argh this is bad.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Alright Captains....

Let's collect information here...

I'm using a Virgin Mobile Broadband device - never had a prob before
My antivirus is AVG - just updated
checked the exceptions list in my firewall and STO is listed.
I've got a laptop - same one I've used since launch.

At the very least we can find out if there's something we have in common that could be causing the issue....so.....anybody have anything to add?
Closed Thread