Lt. Commander
# 1 Visa Electron?
09-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Is it possible that Cryptic does not Except Visa Electron/Visa prepaid cards?
I typed in the correct information but the System wouldn't take my card :/
Tried it two times and gave up - could it be that the correct choice is not Visa but Visa Mastercard or Card blue for these?
Didn't have any problems with steam so the card should be fine.

Edit:
Google helps.
Actually a problem since the game started...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=99157

E2:
tried it using Card blue, jsut yields error during your request though
You should really start supporting this, the only differenc ebetween this and a credit card is that you already have the money on it...
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I thought Visa Electron was being phased out in most countries, not just STO. Now Visa Debit or something I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
I thought Visa Electron was being phased out in most countries, not just STO. Now Visa Debit or something I believe.
In denmark, Vias Electron is moving ahead at great speed. People seem to like it, and more and more shops are starting to accept it as payment method, so I think it depends on your region.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I would recommend filing a billing ticket to inquire about this issue. The forums aren't really the best place to answer this as the billing folks don't read them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
Still issued, at least in Austria and Germany, don't know about other Countries, just that the UK no longer issues them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videm
I would recommend filing a billing ticket to inquire about this issue. The forums aren't really the best place to answer this as the billing folks don't read them.
Didn't help the last one back then.
I actually wanted to ask if someone had this issue before before filing a ticket to recieve the same answer at a slower pace.
Typing Cryptic and Visa Electron into google also did the trick though.

Maybe its really listed under Card blue, and there really was an error.
I definitely won't wait another week to get my Venture
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I forgot is PayPal supported? I know the Electrons work there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Last time i used a Visa Electron Debit it worked fine for me, may be a 'new/temporary' issue.
You could always switch to paypal for the time being
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I did indeed switch to paypal in the end.
this created a completely new issue because you don't get a bill, and Paypal wants you to varify your creditcard with a code written there but I managed to somehow get the code in the end.
(hoorrayy to Visa's good customer service )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikonov
Last time i used a Visa Electron Debit it worked fine for me, may be a 'new/temporary' issue.
You could always switch to paypal for the time being
Did you really use a Visa Electron or a Visa Debit(They are two different cards)
I mean one just saying Visa Electron in the lower right corner and PrePaid card in the upper right?
If yes: Which option did you choose? card bluoe(or however french people write blue ), or visa?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
i had this prob also when i resubbed at the begining of the month using visa electron. i was using paypal before but it wouldn't let me use it to resub. ended up using my mates account. think his card was visa debit.

but did find that once i'd paid the sub i was able to reset up paypal as my payment method, which is set up on my visa electron card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
originaly posted by capt-dracon-darknight

this created a completely new issue because you don't get a bill, and Paypal wants you to varify your creditcard with a code written there but I managed to somehow get the code in the end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
payapl should of sent u a receipt to the e-mail u supplied them when u set it up. cause that's how i've always got mine.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperious-spaced-one
i had this prob also when i resubbed at the begining of the month using visa electron. i was using paypal before but it wouldn't let me use it to resub. ended up using my mates account. think his card was visa debit.

but did find that once i'd paid the sub i was able to reset up paypal as my payment method, which is set up on my visa electron card.

originaly posted by capt-dracon-darknight

payapl should of sent u a receipt to the e-mail u supplied them when u set it up. cause that's how i've always got mine.
Unfortunately not, the matter at hand was the verification code for the Credit card, for which they carge your card with 1,50 and put the code you need for varification in the reason of transfer.
No problem if you recieve a a bill every month, Visa Electron is prepaid though so you won't get a bill, except you are registrated for Master secure code, then you can follow your transactions online.

You do however(<wth do always forget typing the w?!>) need a registration code, for which you have to send them a request form via mail(not e-mail). (or just watch what you throw away when cleaning your desk )