Lt. Commander
# 31
09-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda5221979 View Post
The point of checking *** was to see if it was a Cryptic problem or an internet problem. That's why I mentioned it.
Ah I see.
Lt. Commander
# 32 Unable to patch
09-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivvlan View Post
I'm having the same problem; I figured if I just kept trying it'd work, but it's not working at all.

I'm on a laptop; but it's never been a problem before and nothing has been updated since the last time i played.
The error is "the patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

I am on a Windows 7 Home Premium laptop, wireless N connection, Intel i7 processor and I can connect to the internet just fine and functions like steam are working fine a well. It's clearly not a problem with my network as demonstrated by the growing number of posts in this thread (and I am seeing similar topics on other cryptic games) and of course if my connection was down, I'd have a hard time posting here.

I've made no changes to the network from earlier today when all was well, so clearly if something changed, it's not local to me or any of the other people on this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I had the same error I had to copy my brothers sto folder to my pc to get it to work.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylus View Post
I had the same error I had to copy my brothers sto folder to my pc to get it to work.
I have the same problem. What can I do if I donīt have a brother from who I can thake the STO folder?
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikodemus_DSD
I have the same problem. What can I do if I donīt have a brother from who I can thake the STO folder?
not sure wait to see if they fix the patch
Lt. Commander
# 36 Same here
09-15-2011, 11:41 PM
I have the same problem. Only thing I did was disable the On demand patcher. It downloaded about 2 gig. Now the launcher gives that same message.
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-16-2011, 02:26 AM
I've been getting the same message for the past 6 hours. Anyone know how to fix it yet?

Or why it's happening? (I assume it's Cryptic's update)
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN_121
I've been getting the same message for the past 6 hours. Anyone know how to fix it yet?

Or why it's happening? (I assume it's Cryptic's update)
No idea yet. Dev's aren't saying anything, despite so many people having trouble. I've been trying to load for hours and i'm getting nowhere. I can't even get in by bypassing the launcher. When I get to the load char screen it just times out. =(
Lt. Commander
# 39 PatchClient connection issue
09-16-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm on a PC with a hard-line connection to the internet so I would rule out Wireless.
These issues seem to be a wide spread sample of players so I'd rule out ISP.
One thing I did see in the forums was someone talking about having the bulk update option turned on. This is something I also have turned on. It would make sense that there is an issue there.

Devs, please get some kind of response on this thread before you go home for the weekend. Even if its a "We are working hard but we're stumped at the moment," type post. One of the great things about this game is how much the Devs communicate with their customer base. I hope y'all intend on keeping that business practice as we all wade through content droughts/functionality breaks/huge game announcements/content delays etc...

I look forward to being able to play this great game again soon.

-Jim Cushman
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-16-2011, 04:01 AM
I have the same problem with Champions Online and the forum there said to just get an updated copy of the launcher and it will work.

Maybe the same will work for STO. Anyone willing to share their updated launcher file?
Closed Thread