Lt. Commander
# 1 Problem with Item Placement?
09-15-2011, 03:12 PM
This afternoon, I began trying to recreate a mission I originally made on Tribble so it will live on Holodeck after the coming Tribble purge.

However, I can't manually input any of the location numbers (x,y,z coordinates/rotation degrees) without it reverting back to where it currently sits on the map.

Anyone else having a problem with the space maps?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
This afternoon, I began trying to recreate a mission I originally made on Tribble so it will live on Holodeck after the coming Tribble purge.

However, I can't manually input any of the location numbers (x,y,z coordinates/rotation degrees) without it reverting back to where it currently sits on the map.

Anyone else having a problem with the space maps?
I have not seen this problem and couldn't find anything regarding this problem in the bug report area. I was on today working on a map on the Foundry. I had no problem placing items even though I couldn't play a map to review so I may have some editing to do once it is fixed...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
What do you mean that it reverts? So if you try manually adjusting the x value, it does not adjust?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-16-2011, 08:08 PM
When you type in the co-ordinates for each X,Y and Z the game automatically updates the location for each. I've just tested it on holodeck and it works as expected for me.

What might be happening is that as you edit the co-ordinates in the foundry is trying to update the location of the object and finding the location you put it in to be invalid. Outside the normal area of an Interior map. If it is a space or ground map then there is probably some other cause and you should post your project ID for the bug people to take a note of.

Otherwise as I think and it's an interior place the object in the general room of where you want it to go first and then start editing the co-ordinates that way you should avoid the issue of entering in an invalid location.