Lt. Commander
# 1 Font Problem
09-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Hello all, i've just joined the game.

I ask your help to fix one wierd issue that i have. The problem is in font inside the game. When I type something in the chat window in the game only "?" symbols appears instead of letters. And also i cant write anything in the name field when i create a character or rename a ship etc. I can type only numbers. Copy-paste from windows works only.

I very need ability to type, so I begging you for help. Have played a lot of games and never faced with this problem

I have Windows 7 64bit system and english and russian languages installed. (Tried to switch - nothing)

ps

sorry for my english
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.Stark
sorry for my english
No problem... I at least understand you just fine.

The problem is indeed in your charset. You keyboard and system uses the Russian charset, witch isn't supported by STO (likely uses ISO 8859-1).

You need to change the regional settings for your system, when you play STO. It's not the preferred solution for you, I know, but thats the only way to go.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
I'd try filing a support ticket on the Game Support website.

It may be that because you're playing on an international version of Win7 - even with the language packs installed, you might be missing a base english system font of link the game makes use of that isn't these or isn't configured in a way the STO client expects, but that's just a guess.

Either way, it sounds like you need help from someone in their tech support dept.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
No problem... I at least understand you just fine.

The problem is indeed in your charset. You keyboard and system uses the Russian charset, witch isn't supported by STO (likely uses ISO 8859-1).

You need to change the regional settings for your system, when you play STO. It's not the preferred solution for you, I know, but thats the only way to go.
Thank you, it was helpful. I finally can speak!