Lt. Commander
Error Ticket ID: 12271732

For the 3rd time my client has crashed while in shooter mode for Alecto@Alecto during the mission "The Kuvah'Magh" (Lt 7) during the "Defuse the Situation" objective.

This has happened twice while previously attempting this mission with the same character. It seems to occur when the action heats up in shooter mode and I move the mouse to look left or right while firing on enemies.

I'm typing this up because it's extremely rare for my client to crash, I've not had any previous problems in shooter mode or RPG mode when the action is heated during an engagement with multiple enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Just tried again, stayed in RPG mode with graphics at the medium default settings and CRASH.

Guess I wont be completing this mission anytime soon, I'm moving on to other missions. If I have a similar problem in any other ground maps I will let the crash data upload and post the ticket ID number here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Error Ticket ID: 12271732

Ok same thing again, this is getting annoying and I have no clue what's causing it. Happened again during the ground part of the mission "Patrol the Veela System".
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-06-2011, 10:10 AM
OK I've fixed the problem by reducing my graphics to the minimum settings in game, but I've never had any problems with my graphics set to medium-high before.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Error Ticket ID: 12152267

Attempted "What Lies Beneath" with graphics set to the low default and as soon as I got into a fight with the Devidians it crashed.

Back to using the minimum GFX settings.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-09-2011, 05:07 PM
I apologize for posting after myself again and again...

But good news, I went through all of the GFX settings, tuning them individually from high to low until I got through a ground mission without a crash.

I narrowed it down to the "Visual fx quality" option, with that set to 'Low' I can have any other setting up high and successfully run a ground mission battle without a crash.

I haven't read of anyone else having this issue, however as previously stated, I did not had any problems with the "Visual fx quality" set to medium or high before one of the latest patched.

I have checked to make sure I have the latest drivers for my GFX card and I do.

If I can do anything or proved any further information to help solve this problem, someone please let me know.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-09-2011, 05:19 PM
since you never posted what graphic card you using , i will add that ATI cards does have a problem with dynamic lighting specially on ground missions. having it turned on will crash the client
some were able to keep dynamic lighting by reducing the number of light sources.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Sorry, it's a ASUS GeForce GTS 250 Dark Knight Graphics Card, though I've all-ready figured out that this crash has nothing to do with dynamic lighting, it's linked to the Visual fx quality setting and I've had no previous crash issues due to GFX settings before one of the recent patches.

Alecto PC dxdiag.txt (Right Click and Save As).

Thank you for your reply.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Well you do have a CPU that is below mininum specs. so it is possible something was added that the cpu unable to handle since the game does push off alot of graphic items on the cpu.
causing the need to lower the visual fx

Star Trek Online Minimum System Requirements
-OS: Windows® XP SP2 / Windows Vista® / Windows® 7 (32 or 64 bit)
-CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo 1.8 GHz, AMD Athlon™ X2 3800+
Lt. Commander
# 10 Issue resolved.
09-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Just reporting that this crash issue caused by the Visual fx quality being set to medium or high, has been resolved.

I don't know what resolved this issue though, could be something in the latest patch or maybe even something to do with the fact that the other day I took my PC apart completely, cleaned every component and put it back together again.

Who knows but it's all good now.