Lt. Commander
# 11
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
i have people who offered their vent/teamspeaks so all this really is now is a matter of would the community use it? we need to make this known more publiclly for the pvp community (since not everyone comes here) i could use a hand spreading the word/idea of this
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i have people who offered their vent/teamspeaks so all this really is now is a matter of would the community use it? we need to make this known more publiclly for the pvp community (since not everyone comes here) i could use a hand spreading the word/idea of this
How would you want the word to be spread around. Or rather: What is the specific word to spread around?

E.g., something like:
"Good news, Everyone! If you're interested in PvP, matteo716 has set up a TeamSpeak server where you can get a channel for your PvP needs. Head to www.websiteofmatteo77.vulcan for details!"
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-17-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
How would you want the word to be spread around. Or rather: What is the specific word to spread around?

E.g., something like:
"Good news, Everyone! If you're interested in PvP, matteo716 has set up a TeamSpeak server where you can get a channel for your PvP needs. Head to www.websiteofmatteo77.vulcan for details!"

that actually sounds pretty nice.. too bad i suck with the internetz :/ maybe if someone makes a general opvp page we could go from there on that? itd just have to have the basic info of whatever vent/ts3 we;re using. or maybe even get the fleets to post it on their sites in addition to their own vent?

(since the idea isnt to replace fleets personal vents but to offer a place where everyone who loves pvp can talk and challenge and whatnot and for event use)

but i'd still like to get the word out about this thread first to see if its even worth it.

i dont want to run into a "build it and they will come" only to have no one come.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Umm, all I'm imagining is people not letting off the PTT key and spouting what they think is right . And also some people crying, which could be funny I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Think it is a good idea, I'd personally prefer TS3, might help to calm people down a bit. The once who still muster the motivation for STO pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
hey all you pvp'rs out there.

major question- what is your reaction to the idea of a organized pvp voice chat service (be it vent or teamspeak)

there would be a way to directly donate to the service but it would not be required.

the idea behind this would be a central area for all the pvp events and just a central area for people to chat/hang out while playing in pvp.

there would private channels for fleets that would like to make this their home and of course there would be many pvp channels for teams out and about in the field.

remember this is just a feeler but if enough people show intrest we can maybe even directly tie this in with the opvp ingame chat channel so there a biggeer sense of community to the pvp community.

any feedback is welcome on this. so pelase think about it.
yes. on a side note the kdf alliance vent wtill works so any klingons teams fleets or players are welcome to use that for opvp created games, tourneys, and events. but an offical, dedicated opvp vent would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Interesting. Someone else is opening up his Vent server - but in that case, for a free, apparantly: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=109641
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Nice idea.