09-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Ambassador class would make a nice replacement for the excelsior retrofit
Lt. Commander
# 12 Right On....
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
Ambassador class would make a nice replacement for the excelsior retrofit
Absolutely. After watching "Yesterday's Enterprise" Tasha Yar told Lt. Castillo about Ambassador Class ships having superior turn rates in battle compared to other ships of her time. Given that, I would hope these things come to fruition....
  • Ambassador Class matches or exceeds Excelsior turn rate.
  • Ambassador Class is a T3 and T5 ship, matching Excelsior.
  • (2) Ambassador skins (1701-C and Zhukov refit).
  • Hopefully a special power (Ex: Temporal Rift or something that opens in and aids in battle).

I can't wait til' we see it flying around ESD!!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-19-2011, 01:42 PM
The goal of the Variant project over the next 6 month is to make new T2 to T4 ships for both sides. That means the Ambassador will come it at either T2 or T3 - as Venture is the new T4 ship.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The goal of the Variant project over the next 6 month is to make new T2 to T4 ships for both sides. That means the Ambassador will come it at either T2 or T3 - as Venture is the new T4 ship.
But how will the Devs "justify" a much older starship (Excelsior being a T5), while a newer starship, the Ambassador Class is a push-over at T2 / T3? If that happens I'll quit playing the game. The Excelsior at T5 is already a stretch, but Ambassador at T2 or T3? That would make things more screwed up than they already are , imo. If that's the case, then I want a T5 Connie refit, LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-19-2011, 01:51 PM
As has been stated on the forum several times, the Lakota Refit fought the Defiant to a standstill, only barely lost - and only lost because neither ship would use its torpedoes. If the Lakota had used its torpedoes the lesser mass of the Defiant would never have outlasted it, IMO.

So, at least for the Excelsior, we have a canon reference of a T5ish Excelsior Refit going up against a T5ish Defiant - assuming the T5 Defiant is represented by having a cloak. I am not saying it is a good reference but it is on the TV screen, and that forces Cryptic to try and make sense out of it - even though for DS9 the Excelsior was only used because they could not afford to make a new ship model.

I assume the Ambassador will be the new T3 ship.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
As has been stated on the forum several times, the Lakota Refit fought the Defiant to a standstill, only barely lost - and only lost because neither ship would use its torpedoes. If the Lakota had used its torpedoes the lesser mass of the Defiant would never have outlasted it, IMO.

So, at least for the Excelsior, we have a canon reference of a T5ish Excelsior Refit going up against a T5ish Defiant - assuming the T5 Defiant is represented by having a cloak. I am not saying it is a good reference but it is on the TV screen, and that forces Cryptic to try and make sense out of it - even though for DS9 the Excelsior was only used because they could not afford to make a new ship model.

I assume the Ambassador will be the new T3 ship.
Again, if Cryptic does that, (screwing things up more than it already is), then I want a T5 Connie Refit. At that point, they might as well make any ship a T5.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
Again, if Cryptic does that, (screwing things up more than it already is), then I want a T5 Connie Refit. At that point, they might as well make any ship a T5.
There is a canon reference for an Excelsior Refit being as tough as a Defiant. There is no such reference for a TOS Connie being likewise - and it would make even less sense when the TMP Connie is a T2 ship.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Ambassador, fits in more with T3, honestly. It fits that generation of ships more than T4--and the Venture has taken up that position.

The Excelsior, according to Rick Sternbach, was to be replaced by the Sovereign anyway in ST: FC's development. So even a Lakota-Refit would eventually have been replaced. So it makes little sense it's in T5. But I guess they didn't want a T2/T4 cruiser...

Besides, one of the first ships that was screamed about being missing right at launch was the Excelsior, so they just fed the people what they wanted too.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
The Ambassador seems like a T3 ship to me - and with the new Variant buffs (extra BOff Skill, extra console slot, extra console) it would be T3.5 over a standard T3 Excelsior.

So we have:

Enterprise: T1 TOS Connie
Ent-Refit/A: T2 TMP Connie
Ent-B: T3 Excelsior
Ent-C: T3.5 Ambassador
Ent-D: T4 Galaxy
Ent-E: T5 Sovereign
Ent-F: T5.5 Odyssey
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
The Ambassador seems like a T3 ship to me - and with the new Variant buffs (extra BOff Skill, extra console slot, extra console) it would be T3.5 over a standard T3 Excelsior.

So we have:

Enterprise: T1 TOS Connie
Ent-Refit/A: T2 TMP Connie
Ent-B: T3 Excelsior
Ent-C: T3.5 Ambassador
Ent-D: T4 Galaxy
Ent-E: T5 Sovereign
Ent-F: T5.5 Odyssey
I have a feeling you are spot on with this idea..

If they did this and just made the Ambassador model available as an alternative to the T5 Excelsior (but retaining the exact same stats/layout)..

I personally think that'd be the ideal solution....

Lets hope ^_^