Lt. Commander
# 1 General questions
09-15-2011, 05:33 AM
As I mentioned in other threads I started to use the fooundry to create own missions - ok atm its more playing with it and testing functions , but I have a lot of ideas for missions. To avoid frustration during creating a mission, Id like to ask which limitations foundry missions have in view of number of maps, tasks, dialouges and something like that.
All in all what do I have to keep in mind, when I plan a foundry mission?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
basic things:
  • 10 maps per mission
  • 25 npc groups
  • 25 npc contacts
  • 255 detail objects on a given map
  • there appears to be a glitch at the moment that makes putting more than 10 popup dialogs on a map not work properly, but this might me case by case
  • there are probably more that Im not recalling that should be listed
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the answer. At the moment I have two more questions. The first question is about the map limitation of 10 maps: do public maps like DS9, where you have to talk to a NPC during a mission count as a mission map?
The other question is: is it possible to add optional mission tasks ( means: task that could be done, but are not necassary for the whole mission)
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-16-2011, 03:24 PM
1.) Not sure on social maps. You'll need to try it and find out.

2.) You can make triggers that will activate upon component completes and component reaches, that will act like objectives that are not necessarily tied to the story flow and, hence, not mandatory. But there's no way to list them in the box in the top right corner when doing so.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefart View Post
Thanks for the answer. At the moment I have two more questions. The first question is about the map limitation of 10 maps: do public maps like DS9, where you have to talk to a NPC during a mission count as a mission map?
The other question is: is it possible to add optional mission tasks ( means: task that could be done, but are not necassary for the whole mission)
No, not if you're using the Cryptic version, instead of a custom copy, and not really.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-17-2011, 04:55 AM
Thanks for your answers. As a noob in foundry, I have a question more. After the foundry is bugged on Holodeck, I decided to create my projects on Redshirt. For that Id like to ask, how does it work to transfer the projects to another server?
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefart View Post
Thanks for your answers. As a noob in foundry, I have a question more. After the foundry is bugged on Holodeck, I decided to create my projects on Redshirt. For that Id like to ask, how does it work to transfer the projects to another server?
You can't transfer them. Don't ever make a Foundry mission on anything other than the Live server.

Also, you can sort of have side objectives, but they won't be shown as part of the objective lists. You can make them with component complete and component reached triggers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi all again. This time I have another problem: in one of my projects, the player had to talk on the ground to a NPC, after that the player should go to space and reach a system via sector map to continue the mission there. I finished the maps, placed spawnpoints and added a "Reach Marker" task to the project. I placed the marker around the spawnpoint in the space map. My problem is, that Im not able to chosse the sector map as the entering point to the space map. I think I saw other foundry missions, where it was possible to use the sector map to fly from System to system during the mission. What did I do wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-20-2011, 04:12 AM
There are two possible work arounds.

1. Get the player to go to a social zone via an objective... or
2. You first must create different strands of objectives by making the first objective into a complete all with various objectives within. Each different strand of objectives from this initial complete all will allow you to enter it from a different location. However it is possible to get the different mission strands mixed up in order.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-20-2011, 08:30 AM
And that will let me use the sector map in my missions? Ill try that. Thanks

EDIT:
Ok, I tried the second way and created a task with two strands, but it didnt work. While creating the map transition I only have the choice to enter a new space map from my latest project map, but not from sector space.