Lt. Commander
# 241
09-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I think I just got slapped in the face.
Lt. Commander
# 242
09-20-2011, 09:50 PM
*shakes his head*

This doesn't exactly inspire a whole heck of a lot of confidence in me about STO. I don't really even want to think about STO without Stahl. It's like deciding to remove Kirk from TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 243
09-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Honestly, like most people here...who are really nice in wishing DStahl the best...the humanistic side of me wishes the same, but the subscriber side of me couldn't really give a rat's _______ . Seems like a nice guy sure enough, but very very few people here know exactly the situation behind his departure, and at the end of the day, I care more about my gaming experience than I do about some internet dude who left his footprint with albeit mixed reviews.

Perfect World could topple this title, or they might succeed. We don't know. But regardless, I think that many of us were asking the same question anyway before PW took over, before F2P was announced, and before everyone (self-included) was berating Cryptic for a significant lack of content.

So while I wish DStahl "good luck" for the simple reason that he's a fellow human being, I wish STO "Good Luck", because that's what concerns me most.

Sorry for my selfish comments, but at least I'm being honest.
Lt. Commander
# 244
09-20-2011, 10:03 PM
If the new guy doesn't communicate every bit as well as DStahl with the Engineering Reports, Ask Cryptic, tweetleaks, and forum posts, it will be a dark transition indeed. T_T
Lt. Commander
# 245
09-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoros View Post

Sorry for my selfish comments, but at least I'm being honest.
Well people being honest and living in reality are something I do not see a lot of in these forums, I'm on the same page as you are no need to say sorry LOL
Lt. Commander
# 246
09-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Fair winds and following seas, Captain Stahl. :salute:
Lt. Commander
# 247
09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
I must go out into space again, to a lonely flight through the sky.
And all I ask is a stalwart vessel and some stars to steer her by.
As the helm heaves to and the warp-core whines, I'll settle in for the ride.

I must go out into space again, for the call of adventure cries,
with a steady hand and robust crew, I'll take her forth with pride.

I must go out into space again, to a vagabond Captains life.
Where comets play and galaxies sway, like whirlwinds in the night.

And all I ask is a faithful crew, to stand upon my bridge,
We'll steer her true the whole way through, on a quest of endless voyage.

God Bless and many a happy voyage, in your travels beyond this realm, Mr. D.

Lt. Commander
# 248
09-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Fellow Captains,

I share your sadness at seeing Dan Stahl leave us. Under Dan's leadership, we have seen Star Trek Online grow and achieve new levels. He has pushed the game forward in more ways that I can easily recount. His tenure on the game stands as one to be proud of. I salute you Dan, and wish you well !

So who is this guy stepping into the vacuum left by Dan's absence? I'm one of the team that worked alongside Craig Zinkievich and Dan Stahl in the original development of the game. As the lead programmer on the game, I helped design and implement nearly every aspect of the game present at launch. After launching the game, I left the team to take over as the CTO of Cryptic Studios as a whole, but I've been working hard to drive STO forward from that seat as well.

Coming back to the STO team this week was like coming home. I put a piece of myself into the making of this game, and it feels so right to be working with the team once again. My tenure as EP will only last until we can identity the right person to drive the game forward, but I promise this won't be a half-hearted effort on my part. I'm wholly invested in finishing off the amazing free-to-play plans that Dan has put into motion, and then delivering more great content and features to you all for the game.

I'll share more about the future of the game soon, but I wanted to jump in and let you all know that there's someone at the helm who loves this game as much as you do.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer, Star Trek Online
Lt. Commander
# 249
09-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Is that a WWE joke LOL!!!
Lt. Commander
# 250
09-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Good Luck Dan Stahl. Just don't put STO on your resume as an example of your track record.

It has to be said that the doomsayers said that STO was doomed when Dan took over. He managed to stop the leaking and steady the ship for sure. However, when the Captain is seem jumping overboard you know something is up.

Personally I think that Dan got sacked by PW so that when STO hits F2P it will have a new head for a fresh start. Still, with the captain gone, the mast broken (the game being half finished still), and sharks circling (angry angry subs that won't forget or forgive, myself included) things don't look good for the ship. STO might not be sinking but it sure isn't in a good state either.

Whoever the new guy is better have a really thick skin and good communication skills.