Lt. Commander
# 451
09-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav750k View Post
Indeed, well my main character has already bailed on the blue phasers. Got tired of the devidian mission after 3 runs thru, and decided to craft a bunch of the purple quality normal phasers. I guess my alt (Cmmdr in an excelsior) will have to wait for this fix to hit holodeck.
This entire fiasco has been a very unpleasant ingame experience for me.
Sorry to hear you got tired of it. I'm going to be doing my 6th run since making VA with the alt that uses them, sometime really soon. I have them for all the arrays I use, I'm getting two extras just in case I switch to all arrays.

I'd still rather get a blue retrofit dual beam bank out of it, but that's me. :p
Lt. Commander
# 452
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Personally, I say leave them as they are now. There's really no reason to "game" the system when there are better phasers out there. Also, having blue phasers when everybody and their brother has them no longer makes them unique. The whole "that's the reason I bought the Connie" argument is invalid, they're gonna be green quality and well, they're quite useless, even at the lower levels, especially for PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 453
09-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Glad your not making the decisions then
Lt. Commander
# 454
09-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Personally, I say leave them as they are now. There's really no reason to "game" the system when there are better phasers out there. Also, having blue phasers when everybody and their brother has them no longer makes them unique. The whole "that's the reason I bought the Connie" argument is invalid, they're gonna be green quality and well, they're quite useless, even at the lower levels, especially for PvP.
It's already changed on the test server. And they've always been green quality in terms of the benefits it gave...it just has blue colored tooltips (it sorta works if you count 'leveless' being an attribute), and that's not going to change.
Lt. Commander
# 455 Why the fuss?
09-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
You answered your own question. People use them just for the looks and accepted that they are weaker than comparable phasers. So why was it necessary to do this and not even mention it, since we basically bought them for additional money. Valid questions I think.

Oh and btw, so they reduced the worth of the TOS Connie, which we bought from the C-Store. You can get millions of those TOS Hand Phasers or Lirpas and use them all at the same time, but the ship phasers are restricted now, thanks very much.
My response to this, as a new subscriber, is that the "heirloom" (Yes, a WoW reference.) phasers are damned handy for us lowbies, tyvm. The more, the better!

My question is, is the connie buyable on all your Fed characters or just one? I can't find it in the store when I am on the others.

-Sevrin (UFP)/Tarak (KDF)
Lt. Commander
# 456
09-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryner View Post
My response to this, as a new subscriber, is that the "heirloom" (Yes, a WoW reference.) phasers are damned handy for us lowbies, tyvm. The more, the better!

My question is, is the connie buyable on all your Fed characters or just one? I can't find it in the store when I am on the others.

Assuming the connie purchase is the same as the Oberth or NX-01, then once you buy it you should be able to claim it on any fed character.
Lt. Commander
# 457
09-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryner View Post

Once you buy a ship in the C-Store, it's unlocked for all your characters on that faction (and any future characters you make too. HOWEVER, it's only automatically placed in the ship inventory of the first character who purchases it. For other characters to claim it, you sometimes have to go t the C-Store to claim it (it'll say 'purchased' or 'free'); and for some ships you need to go to the ship vendor in Starship Requisitions' (Fed); or the KDF Shipyard. (Pwersonally, I wish they would have stayed consistent and had either all C-Store purchased ships claimed in the Shipyard; or all claimed in teh C-Store interface; but they didn't do it that way.
Lt. Commander
# 458
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
WOW...it wasn't that long ago that I started playing...now I am giving advice - in-game, to the new f2p folks. Thanks for the connie infos btw, guys. I was able to see it as you mentioned, in the C-store when each character visited it.

=====

Zombies are one of my least favorite species of the Galaxy. I must destroy this one and remind you Humans to open a new thread if you need to post on a topic that has not seen the light of day in over 30 days.

Q

=====
Closed Thread