Lt. Commander
# 11
07-05-2011, 07:46 PM
That a great resources for work them to work with. I hope the fix for good this time. it heartbreaking to see thread about the intrepid class. whiles you at it please give as the right interior too, because i can't stand it that the galaxy have a very close match with it bridge interior and the intrepid one is not.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette
Capn, any word on those runway markings and proper windows on the fantail? :3
Hey all.

Haven't peeped in to this thread a whole lot lately, but yes I still want to make the suggested tweaks.

It may be a while until I can swing the time to do it all, but it's in the queue to get done. Most likely after season 2 some time.

In the meantime, I thought I'd pop my head in and let you all know in this thread that the Intrepid class Ablative Armor is being completely re-done and the progress can be seen on this thread.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=167775

Hey screw you! I like Voyager!
I SLAP YOUR FACE! jk I don't.

CapnLogan,
In this last post in July - 2010, you said you wanted to give the Intrepid model more love and fix the issues we've been askin for.
I know they've been keepin you busy, but we have waited patiently for a YEAR.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I've seen a few pictures with updates to the intrepid model, I've been away for the past two weeks so I'm kinda out of touch, but was wondering if these updates went live yet to holodeck yet?

Anything else cool happen whilst I was away?.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I was JUST thinking about this... as much as I love the Intrepid class, I've gone with the Discovery instead just because I couldn't stand looking at the two red lines racing down the back of the Intrepid... it needs to be changed, pronto. It looks completely out of place, and unless you're already using red markings on your ship it look completely off from the rest of the color scheme.

Oh well, Discovery class looks pretty sweet too... course, it's essentialy the same ship.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Cryptic artists need a lesson on relaxing UVWs. The same goes for a lot of the texture work in Champions Online. Lots of stretching, deforming, and bad UVW work. I can post screenshots if you like.

I would gladly travel to their offices (they aren't too far from me, about an hour drive) and give their art director a lecture on correct UVing. Of course I only know Max, so if they're using something else, couldn't help. Free of charge, just buy me lunch.

I've written an extensive tutorial on correct edge flow for complex curved objects using low polygon budgets. But it's in relation to sailing ship hulls. But I'm sure the same can be applied to space ships such as a Star Trek one.

Maybe I should do the same here?

I just don't want to waste my time putting one together if they will simply ignore it
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-21-2011, 09:16 PM
ya know whats sad, Im totoally feeling ya on not using the intrepid...even though Voyager was my fav series...imo the galaxy is ugly, I am totally loving the new skin and I want to try it out...maybe when they fix the guns on the saucer...