Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot use Kits
09-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Every kit I try will not work.

I equip it just fine. but then notice a small circle with a line through it in the top corner of the kit icon. I cannot drag it to my action bar. Ive been playing this whole time not using kits
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
press "P" to open up your powers menu (or click the small icon on the upper-right of the action bar). You can drag the available abilities to your action bar from that menu.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2011, 06:37 PM
thanks i will try that...
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
The circle with the line through it on the icon just means that the visual for the kit has been turned off.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkbot View Post
The circle with the line through it on the icon just means that the visual for the kit has been turned off.
that makes too much sense!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-08-2011, 09:38 AM
And you can turn the visual 'on' by right-clicking the icon, and selecting 'enable visuals'.

Personally, I keep them turned off. After all, why would I hide the uniforms that I've paid money for?
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
And you can turn the visual 'on' by right-clicking the icon, and selecting 'enable visuals'.

Personally, I keep them turned off. After all, why would I hide the uniforms that I've paid money for?
I kind of wish STO would take an idea from other games and have collectible styles gained from the visible equipment you've used, actually--or at the very least, allow your currently-worn armor to be used as a part in the costume editor. I like the *look* of the armors I've been wearing, but I'd really like to be able to change the colors (since I'm playing Engy, I get stuck with yellow-colored armors, but I'd rather have a 'command burgandy' color like I have set on my actual costume slot that I don't get to see because I'm liking the armor pattern. :-/ )
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulpisFoxfire View Post
I kind of wish STO would take an idea from other games and have collectible styles gained from the visible equipment you've used, actually--or at the very least, allow your currently-worn armor to be used as a part in the costume editor. I like the *look* of the armors I've been wearing, but I'd really like to be able to change the colors (since I'm playing Engy, I get stuck with yellow-colored armors, but I'd rather have a 'command burgandy' color like I have set on my actual costume slot that I don't get to see because I'm liking the armor pattern. :-/ )
Like Champions Online... @Cryptic

Z
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulpisFoxfire View Post
That is what hey are planning to do with the Kit costumes. They will be breaking them into separate pices which can be unlocked and used at the costume Tailor.