Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
09-23-2011, 07:54 AM
I prefer pengs... lots and lots of pengs... in the front and rear
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
09-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidacidd
I prefer pengs... lots and lots of pengs... in the front and rear
Oh you naughty boy :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
09-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Pengs used to be the way to go... but now that TS is so powerful you are really missing out by not using one of the "regular" types of torpedo. I prefer quantums b/c they hit harder than photons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
09-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Apples, Oranges or Pears ?
no more of ]Apples, Oranges or coconuts. Plasma's mechanic is too different.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
09-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
EWP has a 100% proc rate :p

As long as your target is in the plasma, they get hit by it's effects.
I just hate the craptacular turn rate penalty you get with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
09-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I've been thinking of this too. With the 3 sec cooldown, 2 photons gave you 100% up time. I think there is an activatin delay of .5 sec so with 6 sec per launcher cooldown how close would 4 torpedos be to 100% up time? Would it even be worth it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
09-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veldrane View Post
I've been thinking of this too. With the 3 sec cooldown, 2 photons gave you 100% up time. I think there is an activatin delay of .5 sec so with 6 sec per launcher cooldown how close would 4 torpedos be to 100% up time? Would it even be worth it?
Photons have a 6 second CD. They used to have a 3 second GCD, allowing 2 to be chained perfectly. But that's changed now, so there's only a 1 second CD between each torp. Even with 3 forward, you still have a small gap in your firing cycle. 4 might complete it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
09-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I just hate the craptacular turn rate penalty you get with it.
I always use it with Evasive Maneuvers, it helps. I love EWP

But when you need the fire power, I suggest this. Sadly the recharge time is a pain
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
09-24-2011, 10:53 PM
On my Fed I use Quantums, its a distintively federation torpedo and it just works right for my playstyle.

On my KDF however I've stuck to Photons so far, but the first couple ships I flew were more forward-weapon centric ships so I think photons worked better when I was keeping my front on target more often. Since I just moved onto the K'Tinga I'll probably switch though, probably plasma due to my Character being a Romulan.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
09-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Pengs used to be the way to go... but now that TS is so powerful you are really missing out by not using one of the "regular" types of torpedo. I prefer quantums b/c they hit harder than photons.
I just resubbed after a loooong layoff. How did they change torpedo spread? I am reading that it outshines HY but I have no idea why.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 AM.