Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
09-20-2011, 11:36 AM
2 words.... Ambassador dreadnouhgt
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
09-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Oh, and it was Paramount that was in charge of production during DS9's run, not CBS (to memory, the two didn't merge until around Enterprise's production).
Actually CBS and Paramount were one company under Viacom until the split took place in January of 2006. At that time Paramount was given all movie rights and CBS was given all TV series rights. This goes back to Sumner Redstone buying Viacom in the late 80s, Paramount in the early 90s, and then CBS in early 2000.

And the funny thing is that Sumner's company, National Amusements, still holds controlling interest in both CBS and Paramount: though he fell on some hard times during the recession and might have sold his controlling stake in one or the other.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
09-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Actually CBS and Paramount were one company under Viacom until the split took place in January of 2006. At that time Paramount was given all movie rights and CBS was given all TV series rights. This goes back to Sumner Redstone buying Viacom in the late 80s, Paramount in the early 90s, and then CBS in early 2000.

And the funny thing is that Sumner's company, National Amusements, still holds controlling interest in both CBS and Paramount: though he fell on some hard times during the recession and might have sold his controlling stake in one or the other.
I still think we will see a T3 and T4.5 (Zhukov refit). Just makes sense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
09-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
I still think we will see a T3 and T4.5 (Zhukov refit). Just makes sense.
I would love to see a T4 Ambassador! I would love for it to be its own ship like the Excelsior rather then a Variant that is designed to trade parts with other ships of that Tier. I just do not think it is going to happen. Cryptic likes Variants now because it adds more ship parts to the pool - and they like separate Tiers because that means you have to buy more ships at each Tier upgrade. They are FTP now. It is all about the money-grab.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
09-23-2011, 04:29 PM
They coul always do a "levels with you as you do" thing, just have a subrouting that lins the layout to your rank.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36 zzzZZZZZZZzzzzzz
09-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
They coul always do a "levels with you as you do" thing, just have a subrouting that lins the layout to your rank.
Does anyone believe the Ambassador Class is never coming? They must be pulling our legs and laughing at our expense. No updates, no talk, nothing. Anyone else concerned?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
09-28-2011, 05:11 PM
They are releasing 2 ships a month. They have 13 more ships to release just in the T2 to T4 categories. The Ambassador could be anywhere within the next 7 months. Based on sketches I would imagine the new T2 Variant is next for the Feds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
09-29-2011, 02:24 PM
I think you need to calm down a tad , bear in mind that adding new ships to the game isnt the only priority that the STO team have , just be patient
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
09-30-2011, 06:23 AM
Unfortunately life on the internet makes many people believe that everything is only microseconds away from being there when they want it. The internet has accidentally made us an even more impatient species.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40 Clarification....
09-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Unfortunately life on the internet makes many people believe that everything is only microseconds away from being there when they want it. The internet has accidentally made us an even more impatient species.
To clarify,....When something is promised a year ago, and is still actively being pushed back, then yes, I believe we have the right to start questioning whether it will "actually" come to fruition. At some point, everyone begins to have their doubts. I am an optimist by nature, however the Devs cannot provide an answer as to when launch will be, instead they have spread themselves "too thin" starting 50 Billion other projects, instead of just finishing and polishing ONE project they promised a long time ago. My point being, they should not "promise something", and push it back 50 times. I can name 50 things that the Devs have begun working on long after they mentioned the Ambassador Class. They don't find it important. They should just come forth and announce it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 AM.