Lt. Commander
# 11
09-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Something is very wrong if an existing player thinks they will get a better value for their money by dropping their sub and playing for free. Not being able to afford the sub, or not thinking the game is worth subbing to is one thing, but not finding VALUE in the sub package is just terrible.
Business 101 right here
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-24-2011, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Oh goodie! He pulled the "debateable" riff again. This mean the F2P matrix ain't changing.

EDIT: I was not impressed with this podcast.
The debetable thing was amusing.

But ultimately, I am fine with that. None of the suggested limitations really convinced me. If Cryptic doesn't think they need a ton of subscribers, maybe they _really_ don't?

If you're on a 15 $ a month subscription right now, and think it's not worth it, just become a F2P player.
But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people don't realize what all these inventory slots, bridge officer slots and the like actually mean to them, until they lose it and end up buying them anyway.
But the good thing is - the new F2P players most certainly won't miss them, since they don't know them. And no one can wave them into their face like the Freeforms in Champions Online.:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Business 101 right here
If the money will come from the F2P players buying stuff on the C-Store anyway, it doesn't matter if the subscription package is interesting or not. The only people that would care about it are lifers. But they can't unsubscribe anyway, and so they will be "forced" to live with all the irrelevant subscription advantages.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
I tried but I can't listen to this. Who is the creator of this program, I have some feedback.
Hi there Sekrit, I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't listen to this weeks podcast, is it a technical problem with the stream or a different issue?,
Also if you'd like to leave us feedbacl then please send an email to priorityone@thequantumcafe.com, We look forward to hearing from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
Really wish the Priority One website had an option to turn off the stupid sound effects when you visit the link.
Neal, what sound effects are you hearing whilst on the Prio One website, I have vistied the page a few times today and haven't heard anything, could you clarify as to what you are hearing so we can look into it?

Thank you all for listening to this weeks show
~Genex
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post
Hi there Sekrit, I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't listen to this weeks podcast, is it a technical problem with the stream or a different issue?,
Also if you'd like to leave us feedbacl then please send an email to priorityone@thequantumcafe.com, We look forward to hearing from you

Neal, what sound effects are you hearing whilst on the Prio One website, I have vistied the page a few times today and haven't heard anything, could you clarify as to what you are hearing so we can look into it?

Thank you all for listening to this weeks show
~Genex
Why didn't you guys pin him down on why he thinks it would be funny to lose the extra income a subscription would provide?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Why didn't you guys pin him down on why he thinks it would be funny to lose the extra income a subscription would provide?
especially when, according to dstahl, STO has been doing great to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
If you're on a 15 $ a month subscription right now, and think it's not worth it, just become a F2P player.
But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people don't realize what all these inventory slots, bridge officer slots and the like actually mean to them, until they lose it and end up buying them anyway.
But the good thing is - the new F2P players most certainly won't miss them, since they don't know them. And no one can wave them into their face like the Freeforms in Champions Online.:p
Any current subscriber that chooses to drop to silver tier will KEEP all of their inventory, bank, ship, character slots. Anything you have on your current account will NOT be removed. So, they won't really be missing anything except the "privilege" of making content for Cryptic through the foundry... oh, and the $15 fee.