Lt. Commander
Hello i brought sto and installed it and i was looking forward to playng it but sadley the graphics are really poor, i have a brand new lap top with intel hd graphics an i googled my graphics card and it said in its description it says its perfect for star trek but yet i does not work its getting frustratng now because i have tred all kinds of differant graphics settings! if anyone can help i would be thankful
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Laptop graphics sub-systems still only have a fraction of the equivalent desktop systems... What screen resolutions have you tried??? (And you're going to have to try something small... e.g. 1200 x 720 or lower...)
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Laptop graphics sub-systems still only have a fraction of the equivalent desktop systems... What screen resolutions have youi tried??? (And you're going to have to try something small... e.g. 1200 x 720 or lower...)
thank you for replying to my post. iv tried all types of resolution but the graphics still seam off the ships an planets have a black line around them and the texture is fuzzy is the only way i could drscribe it iv got all the graphics on the highest setting aswell but still no luck could it be something i have to change not on the game?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-29-2011, 12:06 PM
You could try updating your drivers if theres any new ones.... if that doesnt work then your pretty much out of luck....

Even though the Intel HD is better than their previous efforts it is still sub par from proper integrated graphics chipsets from Nvidia or AMD in laptops....

At best you can look forward to the graphics set to low to get semi playable frame rates...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2011, 01:52 AM
have you tried turning off half resloution if thats on?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-30-2011, 05:02 AM
Your laptop specs or at the very least, model number might help shed some light on why you might not be happy with the way the game looks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-06-2011, 02:11 PM
For starters, the make & model of your laptop would be a good start. Your best bet however is to set everything to absolute minimum & then work up from there.

The results are not going to be impressive however, Intel does NOT do gaming integrated GPU's at the moment, even their latest effort is woeful. I dare say even my Acer Revo plays STO online better with its NVIDIA Ion chipset, despite being hobbled by a dual core Intel Atom processor.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Fuzzy Graphics
09-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
have you tried turning off half resloution if thats on?
I had fuzzy graphics and I turned off the Half Resolution and that worked... funny how it was on by default. Nice to have but pointless in my opinion if you can tweak the video settings. Now the game looks great.
Lt. Commander
My rig has dc 2.8 6gb ram. I had the same problem at first, but with all that ram I went into the bios and checked the default setting was something like 128mb of video ram. I set it to max and now I get over 1700mb of video ram. it still has some limits I cant use dynamic lighting, no shadows ,post processing,reflections. sometimes have to switch to low Q lighting. but texture details and detaial distances are maxed and I get great performance on most maps space and ground
Ensign
# 10
01-12-2014, 07:19 PM
See im having a similar problem. I've been playing STO for months. I'm lvl 50 and during the entire time i've played this game, the video settings were just right for my modest Dell Inspiron Laptop. Im running Intel Pentium 2.20ghz Processor and the standard Integrated Intel HD Graphics. The pre-fab settings cut alot of the texture out but the ships and characters were still crisp. They were literally perfect for my system without pushing my video card too hard. However, I downloaded the game on my desktop and it features an older Nvidia Gforce G100 card and the graphics looked very grainy in game play. So I went ot my laptop and was going to check and see if the settings were different. Well disaster struck when I accidentally reset the settings back to default. So now, both my laptop and desktop look extremely grainy playing Trek...and i've never been able to even come close to replicating what I had before. Does anyone know what the preferred settings are for STO over Intel Integrated?