Lt. Commander
# 21
09-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg180 View Post
Of course, whether he's a Commander or a Fleet Admiral, there's no good reason for him to be saluting a Lieutenant Commander.
Well, you do realize that salutes are also used in cermonies. Someone getting promote is done via a ceremony. So, yeah, there is a reason for him to be saluting the Lt. Commander.

BTW, I am currently serving in the Army myself.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
Well, you do realize that salutes are also used in cermonies. Someone getting promote is done via a ceremony. So, yeah, there is a reason for him to be saluting the Lt. Commander.

BTW, I am currently serving in the Army myself.
I wasn't being promoted, I was just standing there to get a good look at his rank insignia.

When I was in the Army, I was enlisted, so I never got saluted when I was promoted.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg180 View Post
I wasn't being promoted, I was just standing there to get a good look at his rank insignia.

When I was in the Army, I was enlisted, so I never got saluted when I was promoted.
No, but I'm sure you had a salute returned just like the rest of us do. Same for getting an award
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah, but I didn't salute him, so he wasn't returning anything. :p

Of course, we're all missing the main thing here with regards to the saluting: People don't salute in Star Trek, so the characters shouldn't be doing it, no matter what their rank is.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-25-2011, 06:02 PM
And Captains are best friends with the Admirals and somehow that Admiral always owes a few favors to the Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
And Captains are best friends with the Admirals and somehow that Admiral always owes a few favors to the Captain.
The Military of the future . Maybe the Admirals (and KDF Generals) got promoted on the backs of us lower grade officers thus earning a return favor ?

Sarcasm aside, it is always nice to have real officers and elisted servicemen (and women) in the game. Thank you for your service to our county.

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-25-2011, 08:37 PM
I doubt that's the C-in-C of Starfleet, after all, why would the Commander of the entire Starfleet spend all day standing around by a podium handing out promotions?

He'd probably be busy dealing with the war and the Undine and basically Quinn's job.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I doubt that's the C-in-C of Starfleet, after all, why would the Commander of the entire Starfleet spend all day standing around by a podium handing out promotions?

He'd probably be busy dealing with the war and the Undine and basically Quinn's job.
the CNC of starfleet is the president of the Federation this was showing in the episode where sicko has to goo back to earth to find a changeling

now dont get me wrong i could be wrong lol
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus01
the CNC of starfleet is the president of the Federation this was showing in the episode where sicko has to goo back to earth to find a changeling

now dont get me wrong i could be wrong lol
You are correct. The Commander in Cheif of StarFleet is the Federation President; just like the United States President is the Commander in Chief of all the U.S. Armed Forces.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-25-2011, 09:33 PM
They mentioned a CNC in Star Trek 6 but he wasn't the Federation President, he was a Fleet Admiral. Though, that might have changed by the TNG era. I know they showed the president on DS9 but I don't remember if he was referred to as CNC or not.