Lt. Commander
# 1 Scientific Missions
09-26-2011, 01:06 AM
I had an idea I wanted to share for Science based missions. Since History' channel's the Universe show has great visual references the artists could take their cues from that. Mission content would be "Natural Wonders" which the Crew must witness things such as Star explosions, Quasars, Quarks, Super Novas etc. A similar mini game to the data scan could be used but instead of lining up the waves you could uses a simple key command entry to keep the wave balanced, similar to DDR or guitar hero where the commands scroll across in a time sequence. Just a thought
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madderkayne View Post
I had an idea I wanted to share for Science based missions. Since History' channel's the Universe show has great visual references the artists could take their cues from that. Mission content would be "Natural Wonders" which the Crew must witness things such as Star explosions, Quasars, Quarks, Super Novas etc. A similar mini game to the data scan could be used but instead of lining up the waves you could uses a simple key command entry to keep the wave balanced, similar to DDR or guitar hero where the commands scroll across in a time sequence. Just a thought
Interesting idea. In order to complete the mission, you have to hit the proper keys when they flash on screen.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
I had a similar idea while playing Arkham Asylum and using the sequencer gadget. Your ship goes and investigates a super nova or dying star, or something where the whole of the ship needs to be protected from a shockwave or radiation or both. Using the A,S,W,D, and arrow keys, you need to match your ship's shields to the correct frequency in the time given to protect your ship in addition so your sensor data isn't corrupted. There would be 3 waves of shield adjustments needed.

This would be a more complex version of data sample gathering. Fail all 3, your ship explodes from shockwave damage and no data is retrieved, fail 2 of the waves, critical ship damage but you keep some data (crafting material), fail 1 wave, minor damage, small stack of data samples and chance to get a rare trace. Beat all 3 rounds, a large stack of common data samples and 2 or 3 rare traces.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
Interesting idea. In order to complete the mission, you have to hit the proper keys when they flash on screen.
Yeah thats basically the idea, I feel they need to break up the monotony of "kill this' or "scan that"