Lt. Commander
What's the incentive to play something tiny? Novelty?

Also, can big ships ever launch their own support craft? Just these pets?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Because when you have played all there is, earned your 100 Million EC, got bored with the Accolade hunt, maxed a couple of characters (Fed & Klink), capped FDC, opened up all the R&D ..... there is not much left to do but buy the shuttle to give you 10min of sad sad STO joy
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Aside from the Vault, where you need to use a shuttle. Only player-organized events, like Shuttle Wars, come to my mind.

Fun stuff to do in a Shuttle:
1) The Vault
2) Level your 7th or so char in a Shuttlecraft.
3) Get as many friends as you can for Shuttle PvP (Shuttle Wars)
4) Get 5 friends and go hunt some ships in DSEs (SHuttle Wars, PVE Edition)
5) Gather the Delta Flyer parts

Things not to do with a Shuttle, because it's rude.
1) A STF
2) Join the regular PvP Queue
3) Join a Red Alert action.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Aside from the Vault, where you need to use a shuttle. Only player-organized events, like Shuttle Wars, come to my mind.

Fun stuff to do in a Shuttle:
1) The Vault
2) Level your 7th or so char in a Shuttlecraft.
3) Get as many friends as you can for Shuttle PvP (Shuttle Wars)
4) Get 5 friends and go hunt some ships in DSEs (SHuttle Wars, PVE Edition)
5) Gather the Delta Flyer parts

1) A STF
How is it rude exactly? I've used a shuttle for pvp and the odd RA, the perigrine fighter makes it quite challenging too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-27-2011, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutchcraft
How is it rude exactly? I've used a shuttle for pvp and the odd RA, the perigrine fighter makes it quite challenging too.
Because the rest of the people expect people that have a ship that can hold its own and contribute to the match. It's almost as bad as AFKing in these environments.

Now, if you go in with a group of friends that all know and agree with what you are doing - well, no problem. But randomly entering such a match is not okay.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-27-2011, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutchcraft
You are wasting other folks time in something too low dps to be effective in a team mission. It is worse than seeing 3 T1 ships show up because you made a choice to not be effective, unlike the T1 ships that are just doing the best they can do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
1) A STF

To 1: Done the Cure with 5 Shuttles. 1st Space Part Assimilated Carrier and Tactical Cube was to strong for us
it is possible and a lot of Fun (if you like exploding every Minute)
to 2: Done this a lot of Times before and got lot of positive feedback, but also some negative
To 3: This is where i give you right, as soon the others see you are in a shuttle you are alone in the Instance, only some KDF Players staid in an honorable Fight but not Successfull Battle.

I think Dan once mentioned that Shuttle PvP Maps are coming at some Point.

It would b cool to fight inside the Vault
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Personally I use the shuttle all the time when farming for Anomlies as they are so much more maneuverable and hence quicker to get my goodies. Now that we can change to and from our shuttles 'in the field' they are far better.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I went into a RA using a Captain's Yaht and we defeated the boss just as fine as if I was using a ship. No one yelled at me for it and everyone was having fun. So yeah, it's possible, if you know what you are doing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You are wasting other folks time in something too low dps to be effective in a team mission. It is worse than seeing 3 T1 ships show up because you made a choice to not be effective, unlike the T1 ships that are just doing the best they can do.
I think I am going to take out my yatch tonight if I can get online and pvp