Lt. Commander
# 1 know BO's quality
09-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Once you'll stop to play for some month (for example like me) when you come back you can't remember the BO quality that you assign to you ship... then, is there any method distinguish the original BO quality (or color) while they are assigned to you ship?

Tnx for any answer
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger255 View Post
Once you'll stop to play for some month (for example like me) when you come back you can't remember the BO quality that you assign to you ship... then, is there any method distinguish the original BO quality (or color) while they are assigned to you ship?

Tnx for any answer
Yes... Check their passive abilities and skill sets. The higher the BO's quality, the more superior-ranked passives they'll have (typically 2 for very rare / purple)
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
Yes... Check their passive abilities and skill sets. The higher the BO's quality, the more superior-ranked passives they'll have (typically 2 for very rare / purple)
Then, you mean, when on passive skill I got something described as "superior" for 2 skill he/she is purple? Or the same when I have 1 or 2 "active"-skill at level III?
Maybe is better an example, I have:

Name:Akipa - Tactical BO Commander Saurian Male
[Passives] General Traits: Basic Creatives, Natural Immunities, Superior Lucky
[Passives] Racial Specific Traits: Reptilian Stregth
[SKILL] all at 1 or 2 and Lunge 3 + Dispersal Pattern Beta 3

Name: Dodeggo - Egineering BO Commander Saurian Male
[Passives] General Traits: Basic Creatives, Natural Immunities, Superior Lucky
[Passives] Racial Specific Traits: Reptilian Stregth
[SKILL] all at 1 or 2 and Boarding Party 3

Name: Eddim - Science BO Commander Bolian Male
[Passives] General Traits: Superior Creatives, Basic Peak Health, Teamwork
[Passives] Racial Specific Traits: Corosive Blood
[SKILL] all 1 or 2 and Viral Matrix 3

but also:

Name:Usyej - Tactical BO Commander Alien Male
[Passives] General Traits: Peak Health, Basic Resilient, Superior Aggressive, Acute Senses
[SKILL] all at 1 or 2 and Lunge 3 + Dispersal Pattern Beta 3

then the last is purple, and the others are blue (maybe the first too)?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-26-2011, 04:43 PM
I can't verify this at the moment, but I don't think basic passives occur on purple bridge officers. I usually see basic passives on green / white BO's.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-26-2011, 07:18 PM
The general rule of BO quality is...

Where trait quality is Basic < 'normal' < Superior
  • Very Rare: 2 Superior Traits
  • Rare: 1 Superior Trait
  • Uncommon: 1 Basic Trait
  • Common: 2 Basic Traits
There are a few caveats to this... Very Rare 'Efficient' Saurians only have 1 Superior Trait, & Rare 'Efficient' Saurian BOs are no different then Uncommon 'Efficient' Saurians, trait wise. And some 'species' traits (e.g. 'Basic Reptilian Strength') will always be 'basic' and don't count for the above listings. And some 'unique' BOs (e.g. the Borg Science BO from the KA mission) will have more then 2 Superior Traits...
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Thankyou Shar487, Thank you Grouchy.Otaku.

Seems I must use some conjecture to distinguish my BO, furthermore, the fact that some races have one *superior* trait, while isn't the same for the other two, made this part of the game scarcely manageable.

Is there any other details racial related?

TO CRYPTIC:
I don't want to believe that I have to use parchment and quill to register which are my purple BO, it's a a little frustrating. :p
I left the game because it was not mature, full of bugs, now it's very nice, but I think this is a necessary improvment for this game ... not so expensive and not so complex to implement as, for example, italian or spanish language, even if the language issue (and costs for lifetime) remains the major obstacle to the world spread of this game, like the movies or the series.